One Drop/CLYW Summit
One Drop/ILYY Sakura SE
Toxic Hazmat
Eternal Throw Victory
Anti-Yo Viszilla
Anti-Yo YWET

2 Likes

You. Are. Awesome.

I literally love One Drop because of the side effect system. It is such a smart design and it was well thought out and defiantly changed the game of customization for yoyos.

Thank you so much!

second that.

If I don’t like the weight of my yoyo, but I like everything else about it, it’s awesome to know that I can just pop in some different SE’s and move on. I also think it’s absolutely amazing that I don’t have to worry… Like at all, about stripping my yoyo. I hope most yoyos in the future will have Side Effects. Super excited to see more SE throws in the future and look forward to seeing them.

Thanks all, glad you dig 'em.

Update on finding my perfect Summit setup:

After a day of trying each SE in my Summit, I tried the Spikes and Domes again today. I think I like the Dimes better. They make the Summit seem… Balanced, with the perfect weight… Idk. They just feel good in that yoyo.

Anyway, I was wondering what you all’s favorite setup was for the Chik?

I like the way the spikes play on my Summits,

the domes are not bad either.

but think the spikes are better.

Quick question - are the Code 1’s suitable for matador?

Add spike side effects and it becomes an option. That’s best I can suggest.

i wish the Side Effects weren’t so spendy i have a Chik coming and i am not sure what it comes with stock so im thinking i want to go heavy, but im not sure how heavy.

thanks for the info on weights, i guess i will just start picking up a set with each order and try from there.

They aren’t that bad unless you’re buying a lot and then they add up.

I think the Chik comes with aluminum spikes.

Sorry, I wasn’t being clear enough. I meant the side effects themselves. It seems by your response that you can’t, but there’s a little spike, so is it possible?

Do side efeects make your yoyo louder? Just curious. I dont have any SE yoyos yet. I really want a summit though. I wanted it before i even knew what SEs were.

If you add spike side effects to the Code 1, then Matador play becomes an option.

The stock Code 1 side effects aren’t spikey enough. The spike side effects come to quite a sharp and hard point, which can be suitable for matador play. How suitable? Depends on you, the yoyo and the side effects and how well those all get along.

No. The One Drop 10 Ball bearing naturally gets louder as it breaks in. It doesn’t matter what side effects you use.

Once the bearing gets loud, clean it out thoroughly. Problem solved.

1 Like

They can.

I see. Oh well, I think I’m still getting code 1’s, because the weight of the spikes are a bit light for me, but thanks for the help.