Exciting Books

A man after my own heart. If you ever come to ohio , we need to have some beers and talk books and Yoyos.

No. But it is ā€˜possibleā€™. Itā€™s very realistic sci-fi.

Hm interesting I havenā€™t read a scary book in a long time and they can be even worse than a scary movie, and I Love scary movies! :wink: the last scary book I read was one of the goosebumps cannot really recall which one but Those are great too. So awesome I will check some of those out!

How on Earth did I forget Rangerā€™s Apprentice? That is seriously my favorite book series of all time.

Awesome guys we have some high quality books here I will start diving in when I finish reading this one!!

Dude that sounded so awesome.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried reading Ecoā€™s ā€œFoucaultā€™s Pendulumā€ 3 times and could never get into it.

You want exciting, try ā€œWe Were Soldiers Onceā€¦ and Youngā€ by Joe Galloway.
(Skip the movie)

OK, after this I will admit to two failed attempts at ā€œGravityā€™s Rainbowā€ ;).

1 Like

You know what I was thinking about this novel just the other day, and gave it a cheeky Google because I couldnā€™t remember the name of Slothrop, and the wiki page sheds a little illumination on your pain. It beginsā€¦

ā€œA lengthy, complex novel featuring a large cast of charactersā€¦ā€

EDIT: I should add here that I have given up on more worthy novels than I can count. Iā€™m a literary philistine at heart. Anything ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  makes me want to weepā€¦

Ha, thatā€™s usually what I like. Read much David Foster Wallace? Or Flann Oā€™Brien? (At Swim-Two-Birds is my favorite book ever, narrowly beating The Third Policeman.)

Itā€™s also what I enjoy although the only things Iā€™ve read from those authors is parts of the Dalka(e?)y archive. It was enjoyable in an abstract kind of way. I know itā€™s based on ideas developed in the Third Policemen, but I didnā€™t learn that until afterwards. I think it may have been enjoyable to read that first. Needless to say although I enjoyed the bits I read, I wasnā€™t hooked enough to go back and read more - although this was a while ago, perhaps Iā€™d get more out of it these days. Particularly given that my internal degree of cynicism seems to grow by the hour. David Foster Wallace I have read none of, but shall now look up :slight_smile:

Infinite Jest

Read it, itā€™sā€¦a long, complex, awesome book. Plus, Iā€™m a massive fan of endnotes and footnotes. Love the extra dimension.

(Iā€™ll read almost anything you annotate.)

Iā€™m also a fan of self help books. Have you read any of these?

http://www.sitchin.com/

Wow I was just reading about Gilgamesh in my humanities class. That is awesome that he has a book based on that I bet they are pretty interesting!

The shining is great and way better than the movie. The Family is great, canā€™t say anything about the movie since I havenā€™t seen it yet. My favorite book that I have ever read was Tick Tock by James Patterson (part of the Michael Bennett series).

If the shining is better than the movie I have to check it out because the movie is great! Very classic horror film :wink:

If you want a book or series to read divergent trailer just came out

Better get reading.

Man that looks AWESOME so many books, so little time, but yes have to check that out!

from what I see from the trailers the book will be 10x better because from what I saw they already got some stuff wrong.

The Book Thief is really good. I love that itā€™s told in deathā€™s perspective. I heard that itā€™s a movie too, but I donā€™t know about that having never seen it.