Exciting Books

When you can the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth is great. I’m reading the final book now and the past 2 have been amazing. If you want a very suspenseful read that keeps your attention I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah and the old classic Jurassic park is great too. (the book is better than the movie by far!)

I’m Pretty Keen on what I read, I don’t prefer to read any fiction books. I usually read conspiracy theory, Philosophy, Anti-Religion and self help books. I really enjoyed old man and the sea, Tuesdays with Morrie, Kite runner, Thousand splendid suns, Twenty thousand leagues under the sea and Fahrenheit 451.
Some of my favorites out of the genres I listed would be
-Communist Manifesto
-Gods Delusion
-The last lecture
-Why I Became a atheist
-48 laws of power
-Alchemist
-The art of seduction

But these are books I just prefer to read

Yeah I pretty much only read fiction unless I’m reading a textbook for school haha. I just like suspenseful thrilling books they just really attract my attention, but everybody is different.

Island 731. A research vessel get stranded on the same island the Japanese human research facility was based out of.

Hmm interesting is it based on true events?

Hm Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand (I think) was very good. Also Hotel on the Corner or Bitter and Sweet, although not “exciting” was a good read. Also if you’re just looking for an entertaining book “Ghost Man” isnt half bad.

YES. To whoever said I am The Cheese. One of my favorite books of all time. I love twisted endings.

Now you are really making me read that one! It has a really bizarre title also which leads me to believe it is gonna be weird and interesting lol

I just read the third book the the I Am Number Four series by Pittacus Lore. Pretty fun read and it’s young adult fiction. My kids like to read and sometimes I end up reading the same things :slight_smile: funny thing, though … I bought I Am Number Four for my don and he never read it.

Why not combine some genres and read The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. It can be read under almost any genre guise you decide, be it non-fiction or fiction, depending on your outlook. Couple that with Fermat’s Last Theorem for a dive into some pseudo-intellectual treats (if you go through the proofs coupled with the book then for the most part I’ll let you take full intellectual). Alternatively, indulge your fictional side, but still with hints of realism and intrigue and pick up some early Umberto Eco. I recommend Umberto Eco’s work to anyone, and challenge anyone not to become engrossed if you give it some effort. Foucault’s Pendulum will couple the other books nicely.

Are all of those on the mythological aspect? Because I do like myths from all the ancient cultures, and in every myth there is a bit of truth and that is interesting. But I have read non fiction books also like inspiring true stories like Alicia: my story, which is the actual story of a Jewish girl who survived the holocaust. But again it was an action and suspenseful book, so I’m just saying that is basically the theme that attracts me the most, so it could be any genre of books it just has to keep me interested so I don’t fall asleep on it. But I will probably check those out soon and all of the other recommendations, it will probably take a while haha

The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail is, depending on who you talk to, a fully factional/fictional account of the Holy Grail through the ages, and the mysteries associated with the Illuminati and the Templars. It is an absolute treat, and was the basis for/the-original-of/nothing-to-do-with (and I apologize for those who I offend here) Dan Brown’s poorly written barrage of tripe that was the Da Vinci Code. Fermat’s Last Theorem is less controversial but no less cryptic and mysterious. It charts a famous mathematic problem through the ages that was relatively recently solved. However, it is pop-science and facty and therefore may not be your cup of tea, despite being an excellent yarn.

Umberto Eco’s works have a basis in fact but are fictional. However, they are written with the precision, clarity, wit, eloquence and care that few writers can ever achieve. If you are in any doubt as to the quality of the book you are reading, you need only look up Umberto Eco’s biography online to see why he can achieve such excellence in his literature.

Finally, although I didn’t add it before, another favorite author of mine recently passed away; and I would urge anyone reading this to seek out some of Iain Banks’ work. I would recommend his fiction and not his sci-fi (written under Iain M. Banks), from which came his most critically acclaimed work, The Wasp Factory. It may be a little outlandish for some tastes, but his later work like The Business were also well received and are less, well, odd.

Happy reading.

nelson demile is great! A lot of his books take place where i live on long island ny , also i recommend the inheritance cycle by Christopher paolini you may know the first book as the movie eragon its a great series! And also battle royale is a great book strikingly similar to hunger games , many believe the concept of hunger games was taken from it

I need to read more. I dont really want a book that us long-ish.i like under 400 pages. I can’t really tell you what I lik, I haven’t read much! I like the Percy Jackson books kinda, im only on the 2nd one. I also liked the Alex rider series when I was reading those. Have any recommendations?

read inheritance cycle! Its like harry potter, ( which i have never read for reasons but i know about ) with dragons and a totally awesome storyline and world of its own!

Which other ones have you read? Because there is a variety of good ones as the ones suggested here. Like the hunger games are three books and they are around the 300 page range , also the maze runner series was really good I do not remember the page range but it will keep you into it .

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

The A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones, etc.) by George R. R. Martin

I love game of thrones and I’m sure the books are really good, but are they easy to understand because sometimes I get lost in the television series so wanna make sure I comprehend everything said lol

A few good series I’ve read are the following:

1. The Ranger’s Apprentice, also, there’s a follow up series titled “The Brotherband Chronicles”. They’re seriously good books. I absolutely love them. They’re not too lengthy, but they are amazing to read. Look them up! I’m always fascinated by medieval books.

2. Percy Jackson, seriously some of the best books I’ve ever read. Seriously, look into them, the movies don’t give them justice. Yes, they’re pretty short and they might be meant for a younger crowd, but I still love them.

3. The Last Apprentice, these are amazing books. Yes, they’re supposed to be horror books, but they’re not that scary! I actually lost track of where I was in this series… I need to catch up… haha!

I know a lot more books but I can’t remember anymore right now… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anything by:
Terry Pratchett
Jasper Fforde
Neil Gaiman

1 Like