Exciting Books

Yes they normally do that with movies based on books. cough Harry Potter cough. I also love Shailene Woodley, I would always watch the secret life of the American teenager. But yes I have until march to read them! Better start reading like you said haha :wink: [size=10pt][/size]

Yes I have heard of the movie, never knew it was an actual book tho. Oh, and I have never read anything in death’s perspective, so that should be an awesome book. Cool I’ll be sure to give it a shot.

I loved that book!

They’re very interesting! I’ve learned things about Gilgamesh that I never would have known had I not read his books.

Good book. Sorta sad though. The first bit can be a bit dry and odd but keep reading or you’ll regret it.

Yeah I know what you mean, but once I start a book I gotta finish it lol

And for those who
Suggested divergent, I just started the first book and gotta say wow! This is gonna be a good one :wink:

OH oh oh just wait! :slight_smile:

I prefer “Fox in Sox” due to it’s spontanious nature that really keeps you on your toes. It also has a great use of language that gives an element that “Cat in the Hat” doesn’t have.

“Under a War Torn Sky” is a great book that is pretty exciting. Also Edgar Allen Poe stuff can get pretty exciting. Seriously read “Tell Tale Heart” one of my favorite scarier storiesI haven’t read very many exciting books recently as I have read some more laid back stuff (Jordan Sonnenblick stuff, and John Green). .

Yeah I read paper towns by John Green and it was pretty good. It was kind of a girls book, but it was still entertaining. Although the end was a huge disappointment, but maybe some of his newer stuff is better, who knows? Lol Also what is that “under a war torn sky” about? That title sparks my interest lol

Under a War-Torn Sky

I enjoy the Heroes of Olympus, Percy Jackson, and Kane Chronicles series by Rick Riordan.

I must say, great taste on the Hunger Games. Are you going to watch the Catching Fire movie?

Im so excited for that! I read all 3 books more times than i can count and the first movie was pretty decent. Im excited for the second!

1 Like

Just don’t expect me to believe for a minute that Katniss was the only person in her district in what… 50 years they said? Who volunteered to take the place of a loved one? No way.

These people are sick dude. They don’t care who goes in.

Also, it was 74 years.

I am dying to watch the second. My dad, my sister, and I are all going for my sister’s birthday. Can’t believe it.

Then again, I am not sure if I want to watch it because then I will be waiting until next year to watch Mockingjay Part 1. Then another year to watch Mockingjay Part 2.

But still, can’t wait.

Haha I am most definitely going to see it this friday! I have been waiting for it since last year :smiley: haha. This book was better than the first one IMO. So I am hoping for this movie to be 10 times better than the last. But I see what you mean about Mocking-jay, although nothing we can do :cry: lol

You have to take into account each district. Some districts, like district 1, are trained to go in and volunteer. However, district 12 are not trained at all, and most people are scared. Look at Peeta he had what 3 or 4 brothers and none of them volunteered. It is pretty scary, and I do not think anybody would want to take someones place to battle with 23 other people to the death. Figuratively speaking of course :smiley:

I’m definitely taking the district into account. In all that time, eligible-aged siblings would have volunteered … not frequently, but not rarely and DEFINITELY not “never”. Of course they’re scared, but Katniss isn’t the only person who loves her sibling that much. It would have happened before. Maybe as often as once a year! That’s all. :wink:

just wait it gets even better! Before you know it you will be begging for the 2nd book! And by the way that was me I think :slight_smile: