Everyones Fav everday/beater?

Most people have a beater/school or work yoyo that they can be risky with and even rarely ding without feeling bad about it when outside the house. What are your guys’ fav yoyo for this, I generally use either an Sh Wangle or an Edge fs 2.0.

4 Likes

First “real” yo-yo I ever bought. Just a red shutter I have beat to hell. Love that thing

7 Likes

My yoyo that I use to stand in for tricks while I’m learning them (and potentially dinging the yo) is my MagicYoyo Stealth. I also don’t like it a lot so I’m ok with it taking damage so that I can avoid further love marks on the M+ and H Crash.

2 Likes

Deff my fav “beater”

Somehow still smooth too after i tuned it up a bit with the YYF weight ring fixer :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

b grade guitarist from rain city skills

1 Like

Reflection, I put 52 dings into one, it was still 8.5/10 smooth after all that carnage.

2 Likes

Nucleon or edge fs 2.0 but nucleon really tho

1 Like

My fave everyday throws are my Ti Vayder and my Sudo. Can’t be without them. That being said, my traveling buddy this week is Linear. Good stuff right there.

4 Likes

I can honestly say all of my yo-yos are contenders for being a beater. Just not really afraid to ding them. But my titaniums definitely get hit more often just because of the nature of them….

3 Likes

The freesolo. 7075, plays great and didnt break the bank.

3 Likes

My beater-iest beaters are my Deep State and Black Canon. Honorable mentions are my dedicated 5A players (Free Solo, Weekender FS, Valhalla, and Covenant)

4 Likes

These are the yo-yos I pull out when I’m heading to the pool, beach or a place with hard surfaces or trying something new and that im uncertain about.

Overthrow, variant, ten trick, snack, 45, loop720/match/sunrise (half of a match, half of a loop, guts of a sunrise. This is what remains.)

Not pictured but the throws that go anywhere with sand are my Duncan plastic imperial and butterfly fixed axle throws. I refuse to get sand in a bearing again. Not worth the time to try and clean out. My ten trick may get to visit the beach and also not shown but my Spinstar is a good contender as well with there plastic sleeves.

I occasionally rotate a legend wing that’s a bit beat up into the mix but it’s pool and beach season and wood swells to much in the humidity making play kind of suck and I’m not excited about any wood taking a swim I’ve had glued ones split before. Wood might be more my fall/Winter throws.

3 Likes

I was rotating yoyos to bring to work. But there’s only concrete here and i started beating up my yoyos more than i wanted… so… slappa has been in my backpack for weeks now. Throwing it daily and it’s become the daily beater and i’ve been really enjoying it alot. Slappa rocks!

12 Likes

SE Daytona by Luftverk

14 Likes

Top Deck. I don’t think of it or treat it like a beater, it’s just my most used yoyo and has taken a bunch of hits. Even with some vibe that I just don’t notice anymore it is and will remain my most satisfying and fun yoyo.

7 Likes

My Metavity I got for the sole purpose of sparking and maybe learn 5a on. It’s the only yoyo I have that I’d gladly ding everywhere without any guilt

7 Likes

My oldest metal yo-yo, OG 2008 OneDrop yo-yo Orange M1 with brass axil seat.

7 Likes

got a slightly dinged up yyf dogma,
can take that anywhere an not worry to much
helps thay its such a capable player

2 Likes

The YYF Meerkat is my beater.

I broke a stirring on it one day in my driveway. So, its fate was sealed.

Really good throw. Has a bit of vibe now but that doesn’t bother me. Still plays as well as ever.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

4 Likes

This yoyoempire Little Fox is my fav EDC. It’s undersized, but has really great performance. I was trying to remove string tension from a very loose nylon string with this and the string came off and this thing went like 30 yards down a cement sidewalk. still plays perfectly.

6 Likes