‘Everyone Yoyos’ is going into print this November!

Now that the thread is locked we can no longer discuss the topic.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity - do you not see a difference between a small business owner who associated his company with a racist misogynistic hatemonger, and a small business owner who failed to communicate properly on a delayed Kickstarter project?

7 Likes

one person took 12k and one had their friend of the company hang out with a bad person

1 Like

10 Likes

A bad person who spreads a hateful message that directly (and negatively) impacts the lives of people all around the world. I’ve had the displeasure of meeting some people who are big Andrew Tate supporters, and they are very angry people who have skewed ideas on proper ways to interact with other people, especially women.

I would hope you don’t consider a delayed (or even failed) Kickstarter to be on the same level.

6 Likes

dang dude id rather have my feelings hurt than lose money

Luckily, Andrew Tate runs that Hustlers pyramid scheme for insecure bros to join, so if you’re interested you can lose money AND have your feelings hurt by women rejecting you at the same time.

8 Likes

Inb4 this thread gets locked too though

4 Likes

id much rather pre order higbys book because he has good vibes

1 Like

What is it you’re actually trying to accomplish here though?

You’ve made your point now in two threads that Higby failed to deliver on his Kickstarter. You’ve made dozens of comments on the subject and have had plenty of interaction with the community. Awareness of the issue has been raised. What is the end goal with continuing to create new topics or re-hash discussion that’s already been had?

All that anyone can do at this point is contact Mr. Higby directly via his points of contact, and hope that he can provide either an explanation or an update. I can understand discussing any updates here when he provides them, or maybe chiming in every few weeks to let people know that there still hasn’t been a response. I just don’t see the need for an ongoing thread on the front page dedicated to the topic.

8 Likes

Accountability is the goal.

1 Like

That’s certainly a noble goal.

Personally, I don’t think a path that starts with raising awareness and then leads to allegations of racism in professional yo-yoing is a path that ends in accountability.

I truly believe the only person that can provide any further illumination on the matter is John Higby himself. Until he responds, no one knows if he “stole money” as you claim, or if the project is just delayed and he fumbled the ball with updates. There’s simply no accountability to be found on a public forum unrelated to him or his brand, beyond the awareness you’ve already raised and the discussion you’ve already fostered.

2 Likes

Chase is more involved with running A-RT than Jensen at this point. “Friend of the company” is not a fair way of framing it.

7 Likes

You’re right let’s wait patiently until higby decides to let us know.

Hey, please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe you’re referring to what I said in that thread. Would you be willing to share with me what portion of my post included allegations of racism? You can even PM me if you’d like. Or you don’t have to respond at all, really. I don’t want another drawn out debate. I really am just curious about your thoughts.

What is certain, however, is that I was called racist for repeating a sentiment that is shared by both people of color and non-people of color in the community.

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct - after rereading the thread, you never alleged racism. You actually alleged sexism in yo-yoing. You basically alluded to the idea of a cabal of men gatekeeping the hobby.

That being said, all of this is detracting from the actual issue up for discussion here: John Higby has currently failed to deliver on an outstanding Kickstarter. People have been made aware of this, and spent a couple of days talking about it in a very prominent thread on the front page of the YYE forums. There is nothing else left to gain by speculating on Mr. Higby’s motivations or his personal character until he provides an update on the status of the project, what went wrong, and why he didn’t communicate as frequently as he arguably should have.

I will agree with your last paragraph and will refrain from posting until further updates

Bruh.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. I would like to clarify though that merely stating that a hierarchy exists isn’t necessarily an allegation of sexism. This, as well as the dominance of white men, particularly in the US yoyo community, is something that I have observed over the years and many others have echoed. I see that you joined the forum recently, and I am not sure how long you have been around before joining the forum, but maybe you will observe something similar in the future, or maybe you won’t. Nevertheless, thank you for being willing to go back and review the thread.

2 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and say that yoyo meets and contests (that I go to at least) are a pretty diverse bunch, which is awesome. I haven’t ever been at one and been like “Damn there’s an overwhelming amount of white people here” lmao

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

7 Likes