Still no higby book

Kickstarter update on March 2nd said it would take 4-7 weeks and he would update us immediately when it arrived.

Continuing the discussion from ‘Everyone Yoyos’ is going into print this November!:

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s may 5th 2023 btw and he’s still selling the book on his website

1 Like

this amount was raised almost 4 years ago

2 Likes

1 Like

This is a bummer from something that feels like it should have been so joyous… :pensive:

1 Like

Very much a bummer since higby was the actual reason I started yoyoing when I was in the 5th grade (25 now)

Also really weird how the yo-yo community acts towards stall tactics and bad practice like the Clarence situation but this situation is…. Ok?

4 Likes

If he’s selling it on his website, I assume it’s coming soon, so that’s good.

142 backers, yet ordered 500. I assume the $12,000 covers all that, but I can imagine he’ll be left with a lot of excess stock given that his reputation is now mud. A lot of people that might have bought it FOUR YEARS AGO won’t want to support him now.

4 Likes

Let me just say, Its a terrible situation. But its hard to believe that John would screw anyone in the community after being in it for 30 years. I’m sure everyone will get their book.

I work in Government and I can tell you everything has slowed down since COVID which this seemed to happen right in the middle of that. Give John a chance, he just dyed some Yo-yos for me and they were returned quickly, that suggests to me that maybe this book is being held up due to something out of his control.

I hope there are extra copies when it does get printed because this has to be the most anticipated book in the Yoyo community since the Yonomicon.

1 Like

Yea let’s give John a chance who continues to work, sell art and the works while ignoring this entire campaign until I kept messaging @AndreBoulay to force him to actually do it.

I doubt he would have made this without the backlash I caused a couple months back.

But who knows, everyone seems to give this guy the benefit of the doubt

2 Likes

Thats because he’s been around in the community and has contributed more to the community than half of what the community will do. I don’t mean that offensive, but I am sure that everyone is going to receive their book. If you want to sell the rights to your book, hit me up, I’ll buy it.

Go ahead and send @UnluckyOwl53 the money and he’ll get back to paying you in about four years? You’re cool with it, right?

2 Likes

I’ve waited longer than this for items tbh, but I have other things to worry about in life than a $25 book.

Idk. Different strokes for different folks. Hope you boys get your books. I know you will because all Higby has done for 30 years is perform for the community. Have a good day!

Youre such bad faith lol

Probably upset that all his custom Higbys were made by a loser who doesn’t actually respect the yo-yo community but acts like he does.

Can’t wait for the slew of excuses to come in for why Higby can’t function day to day tasks but can post all about his life all day having fun.

1 Like

I’m not 1000% sure what that means, but I do promise I mean no bad faith. The whole situation sucks and I know I would not want to condone business in this way. It sucks. simple as that.

But to say that John doesn’t respect the industry is hard man. I hope your wrong about that.

It basically means you’re giving him the Benefit of the doubt because you are directly involved with the reputation of Higby.

You collect custom Duncan right? I assume a ton of higby mods

2 Likes

You’re saying it took longer than 4 years to get these?

And you were ok with that?

I do collect Duncan yes, but history with Higby starts way before Duncan. i remember watching videos with my father of him working with Proyo. But my five Higby FHZ’s isn’t the reason I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. I’m saying that due to knowing how production for anything has worked since 2019 and cannot imagine what goes into producing a book.

And no, those came quickly. See my first comment. Which those are completed directly from John, I don’t think John is printing these books in his house hahah.

Maybe if he printed them in house he could have gotten it done in 4 years

2 Likes

I bet you’d have them in two weeks. My guess.