Still no higby book

Everyone who invested in a Kickstarter project understands the risks involved. It is not like you bought something from amazon. It is an investment. Investments sometimes fail.

Many Kickstarter campaigns are begun with the best of intentions. The “stall” tactics you speak of could also be a longtime member of the community trying hard to make good on a promise made long ago.

I get that you are bummed at not receiving what you invested in. But trashing the person without knowing all the circumstances - seems excessive.

2 Likes

What’s excessive is taking almost 10k over what you needed to be raised while leaving everyone in the dark who supported him.

He only needed 2,200 for the kickstarter but 11k+ was invested.

Why can’t he give us answers to where the money went and why it’s taken 4 years and when he’s given us multiple false updates on the expectancy of the book?

3 Likes

He just posted this update this morning. It’s coming. :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you for finally getting him to make another update. Seems like the only time I can get answers is if I directly tag you or direct message you.

Why are you his spokesperson?

He posted this update only after I made this thread

1 Like

I had nothing to do with him posting that response ‘today’.

I just opened my inbox and it was there this morning.

7 Likes

You deleted my posts showing that you have been denying working with higby for months to get this book done.

Its very hypocritical of you to avoid that fact and state that you only had nothing to do with 'today"

losing more and more respect for you as ive already completely lost it for higby.

6 Likes

You posted private conversations we had which I do not think is appropriate.

I did indeed privately text Higby directly to let him know there was a lot of frustration about the situation.

His wife also works for us at our toy store - so when I was there at the same time I did let her know the reality of the situation - that the community was as frustrated and upset as they were and that I was hoping she could help support him to get the book done which has happened.

All I was saying before is that ‘today’ I have not spoken to him. I do not know if he saw this thread and posted an update in response. All I was saying is there was an update from him and that I had not spoken to him about this whole situation in awhile.

I’m not saying I haven’t tried to help the situation - because I really have a lot.

12 Likes

ive been messaging you a ton to try to get in contact with higby who avoids anything to do with the book. You’re the only person ive gotten any info from. Im not allowed to post private convos according to you but, will you deny that ive been contacting you a bunch to get the situation fixed?

have you not talked to him in awhile or have you been have trying to help the sitation a lot like you just said?

You’re the only person I know that knows his wife or him to actually talk to. so you’ve become the spokesperson.

4 Likes

Yes - you and me have spoken A LOT over the past few months since you first brought this up because I wanted to see this situation be resolved just like everyone else and because I care a lot about the community - both for Higby and for everyone who supported the kickstarter and deserves to get what they paid for.

I have not spoken to him about the book since whenever his last update before this one happened - as you and me have not really spoken since then about it either.

All I was trying to emphasize was he made an update on his own today without me as a prompt - but it is possible he saw the thread. I haven’t asked him.

7 Likes

Good of you to have raised the issue with Higby and his wife when you have no direct involvement or responsibility for this mess.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s Andre’s responsibility to be the “spokesperson”, and badgering him about the situation doesn’t seem productive in the slightest. Take a chill pill, dude. Higby’s gonna have to live with the consequences of whatever he chooses to do, and it’s pretty clear at this point that being called out online isn’t going to motivate him to make good on his promises.

13 Likes

me badgering andre has deffently gotten higby to finish this project(I think hes going to) As soon as my first post about this fiasco went up he made his first updates in over a year… and once again after making this thread we get another update. Im gonna keep doing this until higby either makes the book or says something about where all the money went.

It shouldn’t be andres responsbiltity but apparently the only way to get a word to John higby is thru Andre asking his wife to ask John.

how about John takes some responsibility for once?

But yea continue to defend this dude and spend tons of money on his online shop, promote his artwork, have him mc the yoyoexpert yoyo contest

I dont see andre defending any other person we make threads over about this kind of stuff? so hes become the spokesperson

you dont see anyone defending Clarence lim or welso smith yet this guy who’s done 10 times worse is chillin and absolutely loved by the community

you are the hero we need good sir! reddit gold for you!

I know I’m beating a dead horse here, but I just wanna say I’m glad this is all out in the open. When I first discovered Higby, I was a fan and would’ve absolutely supported his art. After seeing the whole picture, I was immediately turned away.

Your reputation precedes you. Don’t make promises you can’t keep and if you can’t keep those promises, at least be transparent about it.

5 Likes

I wasn’t gonna hop in this thread… but @UnluckyOwl53 - no matter how right you are about Higby and how much he dropped/continues to drop the ball… when you come after people personally it’s hard to take any legitimate points you’re making (again, however right you are) seriously. It’s possible to have these discussions without attacking anyone.

I hate to break it to ya g, but a simple read through the thread will show that you are by far the most emotional person in it.

Please consider taking your own advice.

10 Likes

I’ll admit I’m very argumentative but I usually reciprocate the same energy towards me. I like to talk facts and people will throw in dumb comments to discredit the point.

You especially love doing that in a-rt threads. (This is true facts go check out Spence in anything involving a-rt, I wasn’t trying to come at you personally.)

It’s hard to stay civil when I think people aren’t.

I’m also from Philadelphia so I really don’t care.

EDIT I’m not sure what’s wrong with this one? Other than the curse word

As the Italian legend Maurizio Costanzo said:

Booooni tatteeeee booooni
“Calm, calm down”

state-boni-be-good

7 Likes

I never knew of it to invest in it. If I had, I would probably be hot too.

After observing this thread and the previous “where is the book” thread, I am feeling sad.

I feel it’s very poor form on the absence of Higby and Andre becoming his human meat shield to make any updates.

I also find it disappointing how people are attacking each other over this.

Maybe I’ll get lucky and someone will say the wrong thing and this thread will be deleted.

2 Likes

how about the attacking stops and we dont delete the thread so we know of higbys reputation?