Ever Lost a Yoyo?

Somewhere between Spokane, Washington and Minot, North Dakota sits my 3 week old Silenus.

Could be at a truckstop, could be at a hotel. Eitherway, I hope someone out there enjoys her.

Alls I know is I had it in my suitcase headding east from Glendive (last I saw it), hit Minot, turned around and headded back towards Spokane. Then after my trip, I unpacked, and poof, no throw. Perhaps I left it on a nightstand, maybe it was when I grabbed a bite to eat. It was in one of @beezy cool travel cozys too, so at least I know it’s protected, wherever it is.

The good thing, I’m heading that way again this weekend, so I can retrace my steps and see if one of the hotels found it. Wish me luck!

Have you ever lost a throw like that? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’ve lost a Yomega Hotshot, YYJ Legacy 2, and a Shutter all in one go. I think I misplaced them when packing/unpacking for college. Only throw I had after losing those was my N12 which lasted me until I picked up throwing again.

4 Likes

I lost a keychain Duncan Imperial on a roller coaster a couple years ago.

6 Likes

I lost one of my Recess: Snacks :cry: I think I left it at a Walmart self checkout counter :weary: it was the Bgrade one I had and I try and tell myself the one I still have was the better Colorway (to make myself feel better :joy:)

Hopefully the person that found it was able to appreciate how good of a lil throw it is and picked up the hobby :man_shrugging:t5: OR more than likely someone who doesn’t know any better about unresponsive picked it up and thought “what a bad yoyo, it doesn’t even come back?!?!” :joy:

6 Likes

That’s a bummer! Haven’t lost a yoyo yet but I can imagine…

If the yoyo didn’t get returned I’d at least hope that whoever found it would do some searches and go down the rabbit hole to get hooked on modern yoyoing.

2 Likes

Lost an Hspin Pyro ghost edition. Ruined my childhood, would look around my house once a week at least thinking there must’ve been some spot I overlooked. Ended up buying another one a decade later to make up for lost time, but still think about that pyro from when I was a kid

4 Likes

Never use Hermes (or Evri now that it’s rebranded…) Lost at least 2 yoyo packages from them already :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Lost a Spintastics Torch yoyo on a bus when traveling in Taiwan. The yoyo was my first one and was still going strong despite the packing tape on the side and heavily broken in bearing. I still have its twin with me, but it does not have the logo on it anymore. I hope whoever found it got to experience the joy of yoyos.

1 Like

Pretty sure there’s an Audley L3 still sitting in the basement of my ex’s house. Lost maybe not… but I’m certainly not going back for it

1 Like

Never lost one, thankfully

But I had a friend lose a Dazzler LMAO

1 Like

Nope, broke a few here and there…

3 Likes

Guys! Guys! LOOK!

I FOUND IT!!! I FOUND THE LOST SILENUS!

I HONESTLY CAN’T BELIEVE IT!

Turns out I left it on the table in a diner in Miles City, Montana! The guy had no idea what it was, he literally said, “What do you use this thing for?” :rofl:

I was passing back through the area for work and decided to retrace my steps. When I went to pay, there it was! Right next to the cash register!

The guy said they kept it because, “It was kinda heavy and we thought it might be a tool of some sort.”

BOOM!

18 Likes

Miles City must really be off the beaten path for the guy not to at least recognize a yoyo.

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Hopefully you treated the guy to a sweet freestyle to demonstrate what it was.

And also I’m glad they DIDN’T know, otherwise it might be full of dings when you got it back.

Ivan

5 Likes

In the guy’s defense, I don’t think he took it out of the knitted cozy! :rofl:

2 Likes

Lost an 888.11 when i went to my aunt’s house. they moved shortly after and i never was able to find it. :frowning:

2 Likes

I have that same colorway!

1 Like

I lost my SFyoyos motive. It was my favorite throw of all time, in my favorite colorway of all time. I was already in a very low point of my life coming out of rehab for substance use and other stuff it was the cherry on top of disaster for me.

3 Likes

@Grendel 's Death is missing . . .

2 Likes

Update; 5 days after that post I found it. The Yoyo that lost since 2020, I found. I have been loving my SF motive (melon fade).

4 Likes