Ever Lost a Yoyo?

This example doesn’t exactly fit the title of the thread…

But it was sorta lost in the oddest way before it was found and delivered. So I thought you guys might find it interesting, regardless.

Many years ago, when I was known as a very active Yo-yo modder, I certainly wasn’t the only modder out there.

‘Us’ modders would give, send, trade each other customized yo-yos to share our various ideas and just because we were friends.

So…. Way back then, a few good friends of mine were hanging out at a Yo-yo Contest, talking yo-yos and such. Where’s Mo, one asked the other? Mo didn’t make it was the reply. Well, when you see Mo, give him this yo-yo for me. Ok, was the reply……… and the activities continued.

The yo-yo was put in a bag with other yo-yo event goodies and time marches on.

The guy gets back home and semi unpacks and puts the rest of the stuff in a closet and gets back to his very busy life.

About 8 years later, he decides to do a little closet reorganization. He is going through stuff and happens on to this gift yo-yo and immediately remembers it was given to him to give to me.

He contacted me and shared the amazingly unintentional misfire.

He got the yo-yo to me and I laughed so hard at how crazy things are sometimes but with one exception.

Once I got past the happy part, it dawned on me that for all those years that passed, I wondered if the giver may have thought why I never thanked him? Which obviously would seem ungrateful.

But, I hadn’t thanked him because I didn’t know a thing about it all that time😂

So, technically the yo-yo was not ‘lost’ just misplaced for years.

The end…

8 Likes

Did you ever see the gifter again to thank him? :rofl:

The ‘gifter’ is a good friend of mine…. Of course I updated the situation.

His name is Takeshita Kamisato… a very multi talented skill machine and just a great guy and fellow OG DXL member.

4 Likes