Ever hit someone while yoyoing?

Have you ever hit someone (or almost hit someone) while yoyoing in public? I know i've hit myself in public a bazillion times, but once I almost nailed an old lady in the head while doing Sebby's killer clockwork combo. She gave me an angry look afterwards...

ooh yes i have hit someone in Walmart he brushed into me right when i was doing a combo with the Buddha mount and i nailed them right on the head. It was his fault 100% since there was enough room in the square for me and him so he wouldnā€™t even have to be close to me but instead he decided to be rude and got a pain for it. lets hope he learned his lesson.

Ive never hit anyone, but Ive come close. I usually play it off as if i meant to do that.

An old lady politely asked me if I could walk the dog once with my Draupnir, so I slapped her.

Seriously though, Iā€™ve never hit anyone else with a yoyo. I tend to be quite aware of my surroundings when Iā€™m throwing so Iā€™ve yet to injure anyone besides myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hit my poor olā€™ dog once. He will not be in the same room with me while Iā€™m yoyoing anymore.

Hit my two your old sister. I was doing a trick that is like an upside trapeze eli hop and she walked right under it and kapow. Of course, I got in big trouble for it. >:(

I cut one of my dogs with a code 1.

Wow sounds like that guy completely deserved to be whacked in the head. Anyone who walks to close to me should be injured, of course.

Sarcasm aside, I have hit people, usually friends, while trying to Eli Hop really close, but not recently. And once I popped a kid squarely in the eye, but only because someone shoved him towards me in the middle of a hop.

I have not hit anybody accidentally, except one of my friends who ā€˜claimedā€™ I hit him. And then there was one of my friends who was being annoying in class, I eli-hopped in the faceā€¦ gently

I have a kind of dark sense of humor, so this was hilarious :smiley:

My dog is scared when Iā€™m throwing and keeps his distance. I would feel horrible if I conked him. :frowning:

If youā€™ve hit someone itā€™s due to extreme carelessness on your part. Be totally aware of your surroundings and be especially watchful in public places. Hit someone and youā€™ll give someone reason to ban people from throwing there.

7 Likes

Hit a friendā€™s phone once and i do missed finger grind on poeple whenever someone ask for me doing ā€œthe gunā€ because that poeple is being bad

As a yoyoer, it is your duty not to hurt anybody, nor to break anything.
Itā€™s basically the same thing as being a driver, no matter how wrong the pedestrian is, it will always be your responsibility to prevent one from being injured (at least thatā€™s how it works in France)

3 Likes

Never by accident. :wink:

Ceiling fans quiver when I enter a room though.

Woah guys, thatā€™s pretty crazy. Iā€™ve hit my dog once on the head with my proton In doing sebbyā€™s killer clockwork combo (again). Also I ā€œwalked the dogā€ on my dog before. My poor poodleā€¦

I always and constantly look around and judge my surroundings while playing. I often heavily restrict the amplitude of tricks even if nobodyā€™s particularly close. Throw a sleeper without the same vigour and then do a nice contained little boingy-boing or something.

But that dog, wellā€¦ that sucked. I didnā€™t brain him or anything with a full-force throw, but yeah, heā€™s not a fan.

1 Like

Yeah, most throwers (hopefully) pay attention to their surroundings. Occasionally though someone gets a bit of accidental #yoyodamage

Yes on accident of course hit my siblings a few times.

I was listining to music and he ran into my room as I threw breakaway. Hit him on the top of his head.

Yup, and it was hilarious!

But I also throw (when playing responsive) at peopleā€™s faces. Once the string broke, back in High School, circa 1994, but the duncan missed and buzzed by his ear. He was pissed, I laughed.

Anyway, I hit myself all of the time and buzz my wife near the head all of the time.

My kids walk around me when Iā€™m throwing and sometimes my daughter sneaks up on stealth mode. Iā€™ve had to reach for the yoyo as it rockets towards her head and have stopped it each timeā€¦ so farā€¦ DUN DUN DUN!

Itā€™s a toy people, never throw a metal at someone though, that actually has left me bruised.