Event Solicitation - Fixed Axel February/Modern Responsive March 2024

Hello,

We have an online club “Yoyo Boomers Club” here on Yoyo Expert. Yoyo Boomers Club

We decided to pick up the torch this year and host Fixed Axle February and Modern Responsive March events.

While we are a fairly new club, we have 55 members online. Currently, about 10 of our members are actively working on this event. Our first Fundraiser with Yoyo Expert and Throw-Yo Streetwear resulted in our ability to purchase 25 units for the Toys for Tots drive (100 yoyos).

We are looking for “Donations” for these events. If you are in a position to donate, please feel free to DM me for further conversation.

We will be doing a “Trick a Week” style thread for each week. To qualify for the drawing for any product, the participant just needs to post a completed trick in the thread. Unfortunately, we are not in a position currently to facilitate a contest style.

At the end of the week, we will do a random draw for the winner.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Cody Carlson

Thank You for supporting this community event:
G2 Yoyos
Spinworthy
Layer Infinity
Throw-Yo Streetwear
ZGRT
Yoyo Expert
Dedhead
MK1 Yoyos

18 Likes

Thank you Yoyo Expert!

4 Likes

Sooooooooooooooo tempted to get a Legend Wing or something JUST for FAF/MRM!

3 Likes

Do it!

You could get;
Butterfly and Butterfly XT from Target and be set for the 2 events for about $10.

2 Likes

Can’t tell if my lucks just horrible, but I have somehow NEVER seen a butterfly at target, and they don’t show up on the website. (Butterfly XTs in the other hand are still common) Is it only in specific areas or something?

1 Like

Do it! Legend wing is really good and fun!

Also this event sounds really cool! Im definitely down to throw some fixed axle stuff next month! Can’t wait to see what y’all have planned!

4 Likes

If they have them, they will be in the bargain bins you walk passed on you way into the store. :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Please let us know if you find something. If not, I have a Legend Wing as well as a Butterfly I’d be willing to give you. Maybe send me $8 for shipping and I’ll send them priority mail.

4 Likes

If anybody needs a fixed axle for fixed axle February and doesn’t have access to cheap butterflies, please reach out to me. I have a few extras still in package on backup and I’d be happy to send you one for no more than shipping.

Let’s make this big people!

Fixed axle is fun and you could win a prize just for participating. Skill level is not a deciding factor in winning a prize, as far as I understand it. You got nothing to lose!

Hit me up if you need a butterfly!

:smiley:

7 Likes
3 Likes

Just want to point out that the last three posts are from Yoyo Boomer Club Members!

5 Likes

There’s no shortage and no excuses people!

If you are as broke as me and can’t afford even a couple bucks for shipping and really want a GOOD fixie (not expensive, but good, as in, it will be capable of every trick on the FAF trick list) still reach out. I will dig through my change jar, if I have to, to get one to you.

3 Likes

Finally found the bargain bin at my nearest target, and snagged up a Butterfly for FAF! Hope it plays as well as I’ve heard!

4 Likes

Just don’t try 1a with it until you’ve developed some skill and muscle memory and whatnot.

You’ll want to learn fixed axle tricks and it will play as well as you’ve heard. Try throwing kwijibo and you will think people are insane for saying it plays good.

It certainly can handle kwijibo, and many other 1a tricks, in experienced hands but it takes a lot of practice to get there.

If you’re looking for fixie tutorials, I highly recommend Drew Tetz, Kyle Nations, g2 Nate has some good ones… I’m sure there are others but these are what comes to mind for me.

Does Ed Haponic have tutorials, does anyone know? I’ve never searched for any from him but you can learn a lot by just watching his normal vids.

4 Likes

I have been trying to work on tutorials that will be useful for fixed axle February.

I play fixed axle and responsive I was getting requests on how to do certain moves and that pushed me to put together a formal approtch. I start out with the trapeze stall in this collection and go from there I’m still working on getting more together.

Hopefully something here is of use. See playlist.

4 Likes

Yeah! They are on the yoyoexpert YouTube channel!

2 Likes

Right!

Overtinkering is also an excellent source.

I kinda feel like a douface for forgetting. Sorry dude! You started making tuts after I had gotten through the tut watching stage of fixies.

3 Likes

Hey I appreciate your kind words thank you!

3 Likes

The Fixie Tutorials on Yoyo Expert were filmed by non other than Mr. Ed Haponik!

3 Likes

I didnt get Trapeeze Stall until Overtinkering’s Video Tutorials. Especially after he answered my question by shooting a additional supplement video!

4 Likes