Evan Nagao will be retiring after the WYYC 2019

In Evans most recent post he has revealed that he will no longer compete after wyyc 2019. The new edge I’m hyped for is called the Edge Ultimate (I was really hoping for infinite or infinity :man_shrugging:). But yeah: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rKJ6rhI-a/?igshid=1dhy7b0t1aioa

12 Likes

How much more ultimate can the edge get than the Beyond?

10 Likes

Sort of related as YYF used this announcement to hype up the Edgeless: How is the Edgeless different from a standard organic shape? Seems pretty straight forward to me.

8 Likes

It’s meant to be the antithesis of Evan’s sigs, as it’s not hard angled shape nor wide. (Paraphrasing @yyfben2.deactivated)

7 Likes

Check this fam

11 Likes

Sure but the way they describe it in the recent IG post makes it sound like it took more effort than just “here’s an organic yo-yo.” But all I see is an organic yo-yo.

6 Likes

I dont blame him. He’s already accomplished everything you can do in yoyoing. He’ll still probably throw and stuff, just not competitively.

19 Likes

Yeah I don’t think anyone blames him. A lot of people drop off after winning 1A worlds. It’s the greatest and most difficult accomplishment in yoyo and maintaining that level over the coarse of multiple years is not realistic and at that point there’s really nothing else worth proving

8 Likes

Bruh I don’t even know what this is :joy:

1 Like

I am very happy for him. Pumped to see his performance and excited to hear more music he puts out. I really enjoy Waves, even though it’s not exactly my preferred music genre.

2 Likes

He makes every trick look easy and effortless to pull off perfectly.

1 Like

Now if Evan manages to win this year, that’ll be a story.

Announcing retirement and winning his last contest at the biggest stage. I always thought it was legendary that Sampras’ final match was a US Open victory.

6 Likes

I guess we need to demonstrate the difference better. if it were in your hand it would be clear but apparently the photos have not demonstrated the differences.

12 Likes

Photos where?

1 Like

Looks like an organic with a slight Edge-style flare out. I’d buy it.

13 Likes

The SS in the edgeless engraving looks emphasized. Is that for a reason? Is it a bi-metal?

And do I understand correctly that there are two new Nagao signature yoyos in the works?

3 Likes

Probably bimetal styling. I’m not falling for that again.

9 Likes

Yeah. I think there are two. One is the Edgeless, and I think it is monometal(no visible rims at all). The other one appeared at a yoyofactory stream but I think it has not been oficially announced

4 Likes

Did you really fall for it the first time. :smile:

2 Likes

When I first saw pics, yea :disappointed:

2 Likes