Evan Nagao will be retiring after the WYYC 2019

You’re not the only one.

I’d be interested to know the conversation between Gentry Stein and the company that resulted in ‘bimetal styling’.

4 Likes

The new edge ultimate

1 Like

ooo edge ultimate is chonky

I like the two-tone thing going on with the edgeless

2 Likes

Oh man that is the first I have seen of the Edgeless. That looks like a instant buy for me. I’m a sucker for fingerspin driven organics. Is it hollow? That would be sweet.

Gentry doesn’t like bimetals. I’m assuming that’s why

I think it’s a beauty!

One thing of note to me on the shape, is that it’s round, but it continues to slope out toward the edges(less). I guess some other organics do too, but some curve in, or are more flat at the outer diameter.

3 Likes

Wow, YYF has been killing it lately. The Ti 888, the edgeless, edge ultimate all look amazing. I especially like the edgeless, what a beauty. The bind is an incredible yoyo. Can’t wait for these, and to see what’s in upcoming world’s mystery box.

I got the impression somewhere the edgeless is a bimetal? I haven’t been able to watch the whole livestream yet, but it looks like they spent lots of time discussing it.

Best of luck to Evan. The edge beyond was my first bimetal, I bought it because I was inspired by his incredible performance at worlds. He’s been a class act and a great representative for the hobby. Win or lose, he’s going out on a high note.

2 Likes

I need to pick up the Edgeless. That’s one of the better looking organics I’ve seen. Best of luck to Evan and his music.

2 Likes

It largely was based on ‘what makes bimetal better than mono - the looks? I guess - we can do that!’

6 Likes

I’ll cut an Edgeless Monday. It will reveal the magic. Think Sherpa mixed with DNA but more rim weight and performance than both.

13 Likes

Any chance of the bimetal styling being used on other yo-yos? I’m a huge fan of it personally.

2 Likes

is this the edge ultimate? @yyfben2.deactivated

5 Likes

This is indeed! Still kinda sad that it’s not called the Edge Infinite

1 Like

Does it look like a metal Wedge?

Not really

this is some edgy stuff

4 Likes