Did Evan Nagao use a YYF throw during Nats this year?

I was just curious after what happened, if Evan was still using his signature YYF throws.

2 Likes

Yup, he was visibly using an Edge. Probably the ā€œEdge 4.0ā€ that he posted on his Insta stories awhile agoā€¦ looks like the same one.

5 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Sorry, what ā€œhappenedā€? I havenā€™t been keeping up with yo-yo news, but now youā€™ve piqued my interest.

1 Like

Itā€™s a long story.

1 Like

Just looked on his website and heā€™s selling the 4.0 with mention of this yearā€™s win.

3 Likes

Do you think these might be protos he had on hand? Just looked at his site, picture quality of these seem off compared to the other yo-yos on the store. I donā€™t see any engraving or markings on these, and the ā€œlimited run of 35ā€ just has me wondering.

5 Likes

I know Iā€™m like a broken record with this, but the easiest way to find out all of this information would just be to message Evan on instagram or elsewhere and ask him directly.

Most yoyo pros are pretty easy to get in contact with.

14 Likes

Yep, even with his 2A performance he used the signature Loop 720 colorway!

5 Likes

Yea the photos do seem odd. I did ask him what kind of material it was made from. Its 6061 body with stainless steel rims. The Edge 2022 was 7075. I decided to get one only because there were only 35 made and this is probably the last yoyo he will make with YYF.

He also stated he was going to start his own yoyo company.

14 Likes

Oh wow! This is very surprising and just a weird scenarioā€¦ Shocking indeed.

1 Like

Why?

1 Like
4 Likes

I think this is actually his first independent release. In the video he says this is the first non yyf release.

He also said limited to 35, but then at the end he said it was a batch of 50 that he brought with him to sell at nats, so not sure which is the correct production run #

1 Like

That mini edge in that video looks pretty cool.

2 Likes

What happened to the Wedge 2.0? It has a very distinct shape, it looks more like the Noscope than the first Wedge.

YYE isnt selling those, and its mostly not available on other stores.

YYE is selling the first Wedge.

1 Like

i think he cut a deal with yotricks, i saw the 1UP rebrand the other day

1 Like

yotricks has lots of rebrands.

soetimes they ahve some adjustments like the classic sage and the new sage

but the 1up is a rebrand of the original wedge, not the wedge 2.0.

2 Likes

as far as I know, the original wedge is already discountinued on the yyf line and now yotricks brought the rights and rebrand it as 1UP.

3 Likes