Equinox Fail?

Ok, so I have never had this happen and was wondering if this is supposed to happen or? Like I didn’t abuse the yoyo it just fell like a normal 4a yoyo.

I am on my iPod so I can’t upload the pic but basically, the yoyo chipped.

chip or ding? i 4a alot, so i have had crazy dings appear from thin air, too. but a chip? never heard of that on an offstring yoyo.

Chip as in, I can see though the rim. I have it taped back on so I don’t lose the peice by I stoped using it for now.

yea, i don’t think polycarbonate is the best material for an offstring yoyo.

I dont think Polycarbonate is the best material for any yoyo.

So what? I spent my money on a yoyo that is bound to break.

4a yoyos can and will chip, but theres nothing you can really do about it other than play over soft surfaces. And as for the poly carbonate thing, Polycarbonate is a thermoplastic used for injection moulding, as is celcon and is just as durable, it really just depends on the shape it takes and the quality of that particular batch of plastic

1 Like

Celcon is more durable; not “just” as durable. It will crack but it takes a lot more, and the yoyo will chip and scuff like concrete before it cracks.

So, any tips on fixing it? I’m thinking epoxy and sandpaper.

Are you purposely bouncing the yoyo off the floor? If you are, even though it’s fun, it’s probably not the best idea.

No? Thats kind of like… dumb? I don’t see why anyone would purposely do it.

I purposely do it to my Hayabusa SL…and then I chase after it like a mad man ;D

Lol, but it’s SL. I would do it with SL cause it’s rubber.

rubber is horrible for bouncing

Polycarbonate has a greater impact strength although its compressive strength is less

I would think that he would break his “dribbling” it like that.