Encounters with other throwers?

ive never ran into anyone or seen anyone that throws i my area but if there is anyone in the del rio tx area let me know.

You are coming off as being arrogant and stuck up right now you know.

Its another thrower, regardless of skill or being younger than you, you should approach them, talk to them, friend them, not worry about showing them up and talking online about them being a “show off who isnt that good”

Really now…

1 Like

At school after the renaissance rally and before a dance a guy was yoyoing and my friends were over there so i went saw the guy yoyoing. I asked him what yoyo he was using, it was a dv888. It was cool.

i live in Pa too…

lava

i dont know if this counts but my friend got me into yoyoing the i came up to in old friend at school and he said he had a velocity and now theres like 7 yoyoer at our school

I was in line for laser tag at Circus Circus in Nevada and the guy was taking a long time. So I broke out my Speedmaker and this kid wanted to try. He couldn’t bring it back but he knew all the terms for unresponsive play and advanced tricks. He told me he had a Metal Zero that was responsive. He claims was throwing for a few months but can still barely get double or nothing and was still on responsive play. I taught him a lot about the yo-yo world and how there is more than what he saw me do. I even told him about Redondo and this site. He lives in Hollywood. I hope my advice helped push his journey into advanced play.

I was in tucson at the mall and I knew that game daze sold yo-yos and so I went in and satrted looking at all of them and the cashier asked which ones I had and I pointed them all out and he said that I have a good collection and I should get a genesis next and he said he yoyoed but he didn’t have his yo-yos with him but he briught out a 888x and thew it and he let me trie the nortyhstar because I have the protostar and I said I was thinking of getting the northstar.(I prefered my protostar)

Not sure if you were directing the question to me. But if you or anyone else is interested I currently reside in Silver Spring, MD. Work in VA, and often go home to Pottsville PA.

i wasnt being arrogant, that kid was. i dont have to talk to someone if i dont want to. you werent there so you wouldnt know but he really was just showing off and i personally hate showoffs more than mostly everything.

It might have been, I can’t remember but it was either jace or jack or something like that. Why do you ask?

I’m always hoping to find someone else who yoyo’s in my area, yes i have looked at the map and there is no one near by :frowning:
I take my yo everywhere so it’ll happen sometime :slight_smile:

i met a guy at six flags ;D

I live on an island in the pacific, have never met another yoyoist in my life. The only consolation is that that however inept I am…I’m still the best in my hood! Sad really, kinda like sweet and sour 'cause your only as good as your competition.

A few years ago I was yoyoing outside of my middle when some kid leaving the school came up to me and started talking about his dark magic. We later exchanged some tricks and hung out some.

He quit about a year or two later, but it was my first encounter.

at my church we had a barbeque and i see this on guy doing some 5a stuff so i walk over to him and he hit me smack in the nose it started bleeding and he was apologizing over and over again and i said "its fine… hey! is that a gnarwha?!"l