eh

Years of practice, an inherent drive for creativity, and a solid foundation in skills.

How can I paint like Van Gogh?

How can I act like Patrick Stewart?

Work, mainly.

1 Like

Deja Vu…

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,91502.0.html

Sorry, not meaning to come off harsh but…
We tried helping you in this thread but I kind of feel like we got nowhere.

Get the basics down, then start exploring.

Just like in music, gotta learn the scales and basics before you can create the next Beethoven-like masterpiece.

Everyone has their own flavor of throwing. I suggest learn some more slack-based tricks and start working from those if you want to emulate his style.

Its complete deja vu. He completely ignores everyone’s helpful information and tips. He just likes to get attention. There are plenty of threads you can use the search engine for that answers your question. You don’t need to make more threads.

There’s no one specific WAY to go about trick creation. Some people are going to say “oh yeah you just think of a movement you want to create and then do it with the yoyo” but it’s not like that for everyone. You have to yoyo until a new trick just happens. Sometimes it’s hard getting into the trick making mindset but you just gotta do it. Everyone has a different way of making tricks. I just hit strings I havent hit before and continue the movement, other people might not. This isn’t something you can learn from other people most of the time. You need to just make something and see if you like it. If you try to top every trick you do with your next trick, then eventually you might be the next trickcircle king/queen I forgot your gender whatever. But you have to do this yourself or it’s not really you who is making your tricks.

Whenever I see Riccardo play I can’t even understand what is going on, then when you see him break a trick down on a Cabin Tutorial I think to myself “That’s it? It’s not as complicated as I thought it was. Why didn’t I think of that?”

I’ve discovered that the reason I didn’t “think of that” is simple, I’m not Riccardo :slight_smile: Just like with Ed, Spencer, Yuuki and Ando’s tricks, I’d love to be able to make up tricks like they do, but I don’t think the same way as they do. I may come up with a trick and they may say the same thing about my trick. That’s the beauty of this, we are all thinking differently when we create, so we all come up with something different. It is similar to music. You learn to play, and IMO, you sound like you instantly and that sticks with you, but when I play ukulele or guitar, you may hear things that sound like Ohta-San or Jake on uke, or Hendrix and Jim Hall on guitar. Why? Because I’ve taken things that I’ve learned from them and added them to what I do. Same with yoyo, learn others tricks if you like them and incorporate them into what you do.

Just keep doing what you do, and learn from everyone, and keep having fun :wink:

Nice!

Walking to the store yesterday with no idea what to work on and seeking new things, out of the deepest corners of my imagination a wrist mount combo came to be, just started off with me twirling a wrist mount around and realized I can use that momentum to carry on.

When I got back home I continued to play with it and tried to keep with a “theme” which is a series of popping in and out of wrist mounts.

Here’s what I came up with.

https://instagram.com/p/BGwwssIEBqK/

Cool idea

So,after learning some of matio’s stuff,i just realised why i cant come up with my new thingyes-i ALLWAYS do the same moves,i do the trapeeze and his brother slacky thing every time i am i a similar mount to that,trapezee i roll on and thingies,maybe i just dont have the ideea to …idk…do something else then slack over and roll over?haha,ty guys,you really helped me a ton :smile:

Yeah that’d be good. You just need to try new stuff. When you do so much of the same stuff it gives you a trick creation block that’s quite hard to get out of, but when you do your style improves. But anyway, WE DID IT GUYS! YAAAY! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! GIVE YSHU A HAND!!!

Woohoo! It’s just a matter of snapping out of that block, and thinking outside the box.

When linking things together, think of this direction the yoyo is going and try to maintain that flow. Your tricks will look and feel a lot better too.

How do i know when my tricks look ‘‘good’’.Also,can somebody explain me how some people invent tricks like Takeshi’s tech…i mean,how do you even think of that,lol

Video tape yourself, and you tell me. Or look at another player and decide if they are good. That’s when a trick looks good, at least to you.

We’ve been over this before. A player has a style, they put a lot of work into their practice, they then invent stuff like Takeshi’s tech. No other way around it.

I usually take a video of myself and compare it to others. You can clearly tell by seeing a video of yourself playing whether you’re executing the tricks smoothly or not.

Years and years of playing to the point you get bored of the generic tricks you start moving in different ways that no one has done before.
Just think of different moves, like, usually I do this, so why not drop this or go around here, I’ve never seen anyone does that, etc, fight the urge of doing the same moves. Sometimes when you’re trying to do something, it accidentally ends up being something else.
You can’t really define what trick looks good, it’s preference. I know a friend who dislike Takeshi’s tricks, that’s fine, everyone see it differently. Don’t worry about looking good, just do what you want, usually if it’s innovative and you execute it smoothly, people tend to say something good.

Just tape yourself and see if you like your trick. Or ask someone else if they like the trick. There isn’t much that makes a trick good or bad except for “does it look cool” and “is it hard”? Like here, these are two tricks that I’ve made. Greenbean Casserole on Instagram: "I have arms? That's weird. I didn't notice until now. Yoyo: #clyw Blizzard. Song: Zedd - True Colors. (The one without Kesha). String #kittystring Extra Tall Thick #trickcircle"
and
Greenbean Casserole on Instagram: "Finals really suck. Yoyo: #clyw Borealis Song: Azura - Redemption (Actually a really cool song you should check it out. *Points towards you.* Are you looking it up? DO IT!) String: #kittystring Tall Thick #trickcircle"
I personally like both of them but to you or someone else one might look really good and the other pretty bad. It might not be because one is really good and one is really bad but they’re just different styles of tricks. I think a trick is good when the person who does it thinks it’s good, or when the people around him think it’s good. It’s not reeeeaaaaally something you can just judge.
Wait whoops only one came through. That’s weird.