eh

Actually these tricks are yeah,kinda boring,actually,boring,i love tech,i find it really boring doing a buddha revenge…

Now you buddy,with mrmatio,well ty,he seems to have really nice tutorials-cabin ones,amm,idk,no voice,no text,i should self deduct that,right?

Then just put the yoyo down. Your obviously not having fun with it. Find something that gives you actual interest. Everyone here has given you great advice on how to progress and have fun with it, but you keep ignoring the information or acting like its not good enough for you. Get into competition if you find tricks boring. Maybe that will be fun for you. If you know all these master tricks and all the yye tricks. Make up your own by putting these tricks together. Otherwise I’d say just stop yo-yoing. because you come off as if you find this hobby really boring and not good enough for you no matter what trick you do. Try speed combos, slack combos, ect. or maybe, just maybe Ill say it again. Don’t yoyo anymore. I’m not trying to come off mean or rude or anything but I feel like your insulting everyone, when everyone here extremely nice and very helpful. Yet you ignore or put down the advice they give you.

No it’s fine. Everybody goes through a phase where they lose the fun in yoyoing. You just gotta hold on until you find your passion again. He’s not being rude. At least it doesn’t seem so to me.

To be honest I don’t find learning other people’s tricks as being ‘advanced’. I only consider someone is good at yoyoing when he started making his own tricks that is not simply taking parts of existing elements and recombining it, but rather modify or combine it in a unique way, or make a new one from scratch. Copying is easy.
It’s probably not your intention but the way you talk about how you can master every trick in four hours just sounds like you’re basically saying, ‘Yoyoing is too easy for me’.

Beyond most tutorials that says, ‘take other people elements and make your own version of it’, there is nothing more to say. One does not simply explain how to create something new. You can search online on, say, how to build a radio. You can simply download the scheme, buy the parts, and with a little soldering you’re done, piece of cake. It’s easy to build one when there is a tutorial of it, but, can you come up with the idea of making a radio when it hasn’t existed yet?
There is no tutorial because the trick does not exist anywhere and you have to be creative to make it yourself.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong but going from a kamikaze mount to a kamikaze mount again is not actually cool,ive tooken-if you can see-the advice to learn mrmatio’s tuts-im actually working on that-as i sayed ,i like tech- I DONT FIND YOYING BORING-i find most advanced tricks here boring-because yeah,they are not my style,imo buddha’s revenge should be a speed combo-again,i like complicated things-and again,I DONT FIND YOYOING BORING

You been yo-yoing for how long??

Because the way you come off. You come as new, who knows nothing about yo-yoing. You think yo-yoing is about learning a trick, calling it boring and then moving on to the next one, calling it boring and then the next one. You insult every trick calling it “boring” when they re in fact fundamentals to making your own tricks. You say your learning tricks from mrmatios videos. Yet I guarantee once you learn you will call it boring. I don’t think you understand what yo-yoing is yet. But once you do, youll find that calling every trick you’ve learned boring is very wrong. I understand its not your style, these tricks are old yes. But you should realize that people put a lot of working into creating these tricks, and I feel like your insulting them by calling their tricks boring. That’s what gets to me. You don’t know the difficulty in making a trick obviously, and if you did I think you’d change your attitude about learning a trick and calling it boring. I’m sure you wouldn’t want someone to call a trick you spent hours creating boring…
Again I don’t mean to come off rude, because I’m far from it. I’m happy you found yoyoing. Its an amazing and FUN hobby/sport. Whatever you like to call it. And it is always great to see new and returning players.

Going from kamikaze mount to kamikaze mount IS cool. Do it in front of someone young, unfamiliar with yoyo’s, and watch the magic begin.

As said before, the “advanced tricks here” and for that matter all the tricks here, are a starting point. By learning all of them, you then have the elements to put together your own style. I think where you differ from others here, is we really enjoy learning that stuff. We find it fun to learn new elements, even if it isn’t the flashiest thing, or incredibly fast, or incredibly techy. No ones style is Buddha’s revenge, but people enjoyed learning it, progressing, hoping some day to use elements from it (if they so want). Or discovering that trick didn’t meet their fancy, and choosing to exclude it from there style in the future. In any event, most of us here find the process fun. No matter what yoyo trick I’m learning, or from who, I’m excited. And the day that yoyoing stops giving me that excitement, will probably be when I move on to something else.

If you want buddha’s revenge to be a speed combo, then make it a speed combo. That’s pretty much what people are suggesting here. Take those small elements and make them yours, or in your case make then "not boring"z

If you’re so bored by the foundations for 1A, try a different style. Maybe 3A? If you need a challenge for it to be fun. Best of luck!

1 Like

I am in a time where I absolutely hate learning other people’s tricks… That’s lasted for oh… about 2 years. It happens. So what do I do? I honestly just mess around, not doing specific tricks, but messing with the big jumbled knot of string I have flying around that I call a “combo”… I simply do what seems fun to me. Sometimes I try making new tricks, other times I try smoothing out the tricks I already know. A lot of times I just throw to throw, no goal in mind at all. Get a little R&R (rest and relaxation). Not everything in life needs a goal.

Maybe you like yoyos but you aren’t in the right place for you. Maybe a different style of yoyoing would be more fun, maybe you are a yoyo collector, or so on… Try different things, find what you like, and have fun :slight_smile:

You guys GOT MY IDEEA ALL WRONG-im not sayin the tricks itselves are boring-but -the fact that in master you learn nothing new then combing some tricks-I know that that is a fundamental to know-but you just do that-and maybe learn ladder escape-that thing seems pretty cool-ill actually try to do it-tricks i find really fun?I like discovering myself some new things,i like slacky things-and no-i dont actually say any trick is boring after i learn it-i try to modify it-again-u got the ideea wrong-it started from how do i do my own tricks and now this is bs-not wanna be rude

Then I definitely read it in a wrong way. Lol my apologies. Just the way you said things could have been interpreted the wrong way.

Also you said you can’t see yourself when yoyoing, but you use a cellphone. Why not set it up to record you and play it back that way?

I got it wrong too.
I thought this whole thread would be about the “EH” yoyo :stuck_out_tongue:

This is good advice though, it helps to see yourself throw every once and a while.

1 Like

Right! I video myself every couple months just to watch and it is kinda fun to watch the progression that I have made. One of my last ones I was really proud of. It was smooth and relatively fast.

I would recommend to anyone starting out ( or anyone in general) to video yourself every few months just so that you can go back on it an look how far you have progressed. It makes you feel good (hopefully) and also shows you where you need to improve.

I agree, I laugh at the attempts a year ago compared to watching myself now, quite a difference.

Just got into a really cool mounty thingy,question- how do i dismount all these? Lol

That’s all entirely up to you on how you want to undo that mount you must did. That’s where the fun kicks in.

just have fun… your thinking to hard

Don’t be looking to dismount the trick. Ever. Always look for new ways to got further into the trick, make it look cooler, do something that feels good, anything like that. When you get into a cool new mount explore it every way you can. Don’t get into a cool mount and then decide to dismount as soon as you get there. Eventually, once you toy around with the mount enough, you’ll usually end up in a mount that you either already know or one that is a natural end to the trick, then you can dismount.

Reminds me of:

:wink: :wink: :wink:

My dad used to say “boring people get bored”, which sounds dismissive but is also kind of true. It’s on each of us to push ourselves into new and interesting directions and keep it fresh. Sometimes that’s easier and sometimes it’s harder, but it’s always possible.

2 Likes

How can i come up with stuff like ricardo fraolini?