Edge beyond snagging

My edge beyond’s response system is really snaggy. If I replace the response pads with shadow pads well it be better it should I get thinner response pads?

1 Like

I actually have been having this same problem, I’m curious as to why and how to fix it

1 Like

Unaware of your experience so I’m going to mention a few things in no particular order of importance.

#1 String thickness/string type
#2 One of the response pads may be applied poorly and is oval or not seated correctly
#3 The pads may just need broken in
#4 The bearing may need broken in or cleaned/replaced
#5 Try the same tricks with the yoyo spinning both directions and plan your combos accordingly
#6 The factory pads may be too thick or grabby for your needs, and may need replaced with something less grippy.

3 Likes

just keep throwing. they will break in

2 Likes

what color pads do you have in yours? I didnt care much for the white pads because they were a bit slippy. The yellow and red pads were better. If i remember correctly I think the yellow are softer and grippier .

1 Like

I have had it since Christmas and have been using it frequently and have never once changed the white response pads that came in it.

3 Likes

If anything after all that time playing the response should be a little worn down, not snaggy. I would guess you might just need to clean your bearing.

6 Likes

I was thinking the response pads should have been worn out by now.

TBH I would blame the design of the yoyo. There’re just some yoyos that won’t give you a perfect response. Yes you can use a thinner/slippery pad/string, but then you might be suffering from slippy bind.

In my opinion YYF was never good at designing the response system, and I hesitated to buy their yoyos simply because of this (Also sold my EB for this reason). However, I gotta say the R-Type completely changed my mind…

I dont know if you can blame this design. Evan competed with this throw and has no issues with binds or snagging while using a thicker string

5 Likes

Gotta disagree here when yyf has been one of the most innovative companies when it comes to response

3 Likes