Edge 2022 comparables

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some input/recommendations on comparables to the Edge 2022 … Throws that are similar in price ($125ish) and comparable in quality or better than the Edge 2022.
Thank you!

1 Like

Love the edges… they are great… have them all.

But I’ll be honest for that price you might think about Motion yoyo. They have 2 bimetals Perpetual and Centrifugal which are awesome.
Since getting them most my bi metals sit in thier displays unless I’m comparing them to the motion yoyos…

Spoiler @JEA86 (motion yoyo) ha a proto in the pipe line that is hands down the one i would tell you to get. It’s comparable to the Will and edge 2022 but blows them away imo.

4 Likes

I think the IQ is very comparable In my opinion but plays a bit lighter on the string .

4 Likes

I have an IQ in my shopping basket :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for this … I was looking at the Will as well. I will look at the Motions!

1 Like

Strangely there is not much info out there for Motion yo-yos and YYE does not seem to carry them.

2 Likes

They are a small company right now. They have an Instagram page with some info. I just sent you a message.

3 Likes

I don’t have any Edges, but I’ve been singing the iQ’s praises since I got one. No idea if it’s comparable beyond being a bimetal, but worth getting even if you get something else. Looks great and plays even better!

2 Likes

All yoyos Mentioned are fantastic. Can’t go wrong…

I have a comparison pic for you guys.
Left to right…
Centrifugal by Motion_YoYo, Will, Edge 2022, IQ (all 3 YYFactory), and the new Proto by Motion_YoYo

8 Likes

As others have said, the IQ is probably as close as you’ll get in terms of feel. I own two IQ’s and have thrown the Edge 22 extensively and they are very much alike. The Edge is just a bit more angular whereas the IQ feels a little more rounded and thicc.

1 Like

Agreed. Got to play an edge 2022 last week. I own an IQ.they are very close.

1 Like