Edcember with Pajama Man- the aftermath

Day 13: just another day i guess. I keep landing double brent stoles, so i have that going for me. still dealing with the metal drifter. i also keep having dreams that i’m throwing my other yo-yos… just a few more weeks!

Day 14: soooper busy yesterday. i had literally no time to throw, except for a few minutes in the afternoon when i did spirit bomb with a raider. ;D ;D ;D

day 15: yesterday was also the first performance of an annual Christmas cantata featuring the works of Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, and the Trans-siberian orchestra. I was actually able to strike up a conversation with the only other person my age in the entire operation. and who do i have to thank? yo-yos!! i really wanted to be able to throw my other yo-yos, because i could have really impressed her with that.

Day 16: today seemed to be a breakthrough in a few ways. I’ve been getting through yukki slack, and have been throwing some horizontal, which is a pretty big step for me.

Day 17: I think i might try to make my won friction stickers sometime soon. the duncan ones wear out too fast. :frowning: but i was able to land a triple brent stole with my drifter and have been doing some horizontal tricks. I wonder what my other yo-yos play like…

Are you specifically using Duncan “Friction Stickers” (cloth backing)? Or are you using Duncan “12mm Silicone Stickers”?

Silicone Stickers last A LOT longer than Friction Stickers.

will the 13.7 mm fit the drifter?

13.7 will fit, but you will have a large opening between the bearing seat and the pad which can cause snags. Not recommended.

that’s what i thought. thanks for telling me.

oh yeah! Day 18: I didn’t throw today because i was at a christmas party and i had no space to yoyo. it was fun anyway, even though some of the people i wanted to see dint show up.

Day 19/20: today it was time. It was time for me to throw in the towel. My very last pads had worn out and if i had needed to order them, they would have taken about a week and a half. It really was time to cut my losses; either i threw other yo-yos or didn’t throw at all. I feel like i have improved over the past three weeks, and i have learned a lot form that drifter, but now it’s time to let it go.

Thanks for your support.

Pajama Man- the epic failure… :-\

Its not a failure if you learned something from the experience.

What he said.

I don’t think I would have had the commitment you did to do this.

Good job!

what they both said! i never could have don that! i have 4 friends that i meet every week and one has a 888 and one has a pehenom!

Great job!

Thanks for your support, guys. it really means a lot to me.

Next time remember to pick a throw that you can silicone. (i know i spelled that wrong)

You spelled it correctly.

So how good does it feel to throw something besides the Drifter?

Thanks for sharing your daily stories. I doubt I could throw it for 3+ weeks straight, but you can be sure I’ll be dusting off my Metal Drifter as soon as get home tonight.

Don’t feel bad Pajama Man, I gave up last night. I saw some new tutorials and needed to try them.

my top of the line throws feel weird, and i have more respect for my dark magic and grind machine.