EDC travel case / bag- what are you using?

what are you using to carry around your yoyos. not your entire collection- but like EDC bag. something you carry 1-6 yoyos.

I’m looking for ideas to carry and stick in a backpack or something. I can never just bring 1 yoyo with me but I dont want to carry 6 like I am now lol.

pics if possible please

5 Likes
5 Likes

Yoyofactory zip-case for one yoyo, the one that came with Ti888. Pretty hard shell for any yoyo, you can just throw it into your backpack, or hang on to belt, and of course you can also throw a couple spare strings into it.

2 Likes

Pelican 1170, I plucked the foam in mine to hold 8 full sized throws.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Duncan Pouch is perfect four 4 yo-yos plus one in your pocket. I just keep it in briefcase or truck when traveling.

7 Likes

this is what I use but I want something thats a little more organized lol and specific

2 Likes

Yep, this. They also clip into other EDC bags turning every bag into a potential yoyo bag :slight_smile: I’ve been keeping mine in a Tom Bihn large Cafe bag that I used to use as my bag for work.

5 Likes

When I’m in my jeans it’s a woodie in front pocket and maybe a metal on Unknown Ascender. In summer when it’s more shorts weather, I’ll usually have a little man-purse like a Timbuk2 or Patagonia Atom w a couple (Unknown ESSNTL is great too!)

I never really bring more than 2 unless it’s to a contest.

Here’s what I have today

7 Likes

A short section of shock cord, a double cord lock and two knots! I made this after seeing how the guy carried his in YoTricks vids and thinking that it was a super cool way to keep a throw handy and display it at the same time.
Of course it’s only a 1-yoyo solution but can be duplicated until you run out of waistline!

Ivan

P.S. Yes I know you can get storebought versions but this was free 'cause I already had the two items on hand in my junk bin.

8 Likes

Go to a camera shop for a lens bag or look in the cosmetics and electronics section of a department store. Yoyo companies usually just buy massive amounts of cheap generic bags and cases and put foam into them and their name on it and then charge 300x what they purchased the bag for. I bought a Duncan bag for $16-17 and it was a piece of garbage cosmetics bag with a Duncan patch sewed on it. Yoyo companies are like any other company and if they’re able to charge you good money for junk, they will. Caveat emptor.

6 Likes

Have this purple bubble wrap mailer in the truck with a few in it. One of the metals is in a sunglass cloth. These are daily beaters, Hornet and Sherpa B grades, one unresponsive and one with a 1/2spec.

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this a lot the last couple of days. My current set up is a bag for six from magicyoyo which is sadly sold out in the US. It’s great for about $17 and I like it a lot. It has a generous amount of foam padding for side to side protection and has room for extras. On the downside, the shoulder strap isn’t detachable and I’m thinking of cutting it off and replacing it with a strap with clips that would anchor to the metal rings sown on either side. My biggest issue though is that it’s just too big for traveling. It’s great for picking out stuff that I want to use and carry around at home for the day. But it’s too bulky if I need to carry something else besides yoyos. For a long drive somewhere or if I need to board a flight, I want to pack as light and lean as possible and I’m looking for something really small that I can throw into my backpack that will keep things protected and won’t take much room.

Currently my travel solution is the blue x1 yoyo bag that I use to carry something in my backpack when I want to bring to it work. I think it came with a zeekio yoyo I bought a while ago. It’s basically a step up from a paper bag; it doesn’t offer much protection if it gets dropped or knocked around. But it’s better than nothing.

A case for 2 yoyos I think would be ideal but unfortunately there aren’t many options out there. I was looking very hard at the Sochi case but ultimately I passed on it. At 6.5"W x 5"D x 2.5"H (16cm x12.7cm x 6.35cm) I thought it could have been a bit smaller. For scale the two yoyofriends boxes I have in the picture are together about 6.75" x 3.37" x 2.5". (17.2cm x 8.4cm 6.35cm). I think something that size, smaller in the “d” dimension, would be great. Also the Sochi case is black, which in itself is fine, but my backpack is black and so is my luggage. It’s hard to find black containers packed in black bags, especially in low light. I think if they had the Sochi in bright colors, or really anything other than black, I would have bought it. If someone could post photos of the Sochi with yoyos in the case that would be nice. Unfortunately the Sochi is also sold out, but I’d be interested in seeing what I missed out on.

Per @ChrisFrancz 's suggestion, I think I’ll take a look at camera lens bags as an alternative. Right now if I had to travel, I think I would tape up the two Yoyofriends boxes with bright colored tape and throw them in my backpack.

2 Likes

I’ve got several cases ranging in size from 2 to 30 yoyo. Honestly, I usually just throw two or three yoyos in the zipper pouch of my laptop bag. It is something that I am carrying anyway. An extra case just seems like something extra to pack. That said, the Duncan Pouch looks interesting. Might pick up on of those.

2 Likes

I use a single pouch made by Will Chavez. I’ve had it for a few years now and just toss it into the bottom of my EDC bag that I carry to work. No need to carry around more than one yoyo imo unless I’m on vacation or at a yoyo contest.

6 Likes

The newest Sochi case. Grasshopper GTX in a well-padded camera lens case from a local camera shop.

7 Likes

I usually only take one yoyo out and about but I used the new Sochi two case when I went on vacation this weekend. Not only does it fit two yo-yos, it can actually hold two deep states as well! :joy:

8 Likes

Thanks for the pictures. It looks great but I wish the padding would go all the way up to the yoyo rims. I have a larger case like that and a hard knock and the yoyos clank. The rectangular hole for accessories seems to be too wide as well. I suppose if they ever get restocked, I can replace the padding to something thicker but that might be more effort than I want to invest.

I think a deep lens case with padding between yoyos is the way to go.

Edit: @SR1 I guess you need the wide rectangular space for slimlines!

2 Likes

I suggest the yyf 2 yoyo case that comes with some of their throws, namely the turntable 2.0. I think I have 2 just lying around from previous purchases. Look at the last and second last picture in the link for the case.

4 Likes

pm’d!

1 Like