EDC Throw Material

I thought it’d be cool to see what everybody carries! If you have a specific yoyo that you tend to carry, what’s it made of? If you rotate through a small group, click the boxes for whatever goes with you on the regular.

• Wood
  • Plastic
  • Aluminum
  • Titanium
  • Stainless Steel
  • Multi-Material
  • Other

0 voters

5 Likes

i voted what materials i like, not what i carry.:joy:

1 Like

I’m not sure this is going to work out between us if you don’t like wooden yoyos :rofl:

2 Likes

i don’t have any! i know! i need to pick one up.

2 Likes

Does multi material include bimetal?

3 Likes

I voted aluminum and plastic.

Also…other.
GREEN

4 Likes

Yeah! I wanted to cover everything that’s more than one thing in one fell swoop instead of listing out bi-metal, tri-metal, hybrids, etcetera individually.

2 Likes

You should add a responsive/unresponsive option.

1 Like

I’ve gotten less finicky with what I will shove in my pocket but if it cost me over $80 it usually takes more than a year before I will start carrying it around. I wear cargo pants at works so my Legend wing goes in a lower pocket and before Corvid-19 laid me off it was my sea fade Top Deck which I already dinged but is still dead smooth so…

3 Likes

I’m one of the SS voters, because I ALWAYS have my Flea in my pocket.

I also keep my Gumballs in there, but they’re not a yoyo, so I didn’t click Ti.

Lately it’s been mostly wood.

5 Likes

i voted Stainless Steel, but i don’t have any %100 Steel, i have one Bi-Metal.

2 Likes

I guess that should have been Multi-Material, then?

If I preferred my Kun over the Flea, I wouldn’t have been able to vote for brass. :smiley:

Edit: Oh duh, “Other”.

6 Likes

I voted aluminum and titanium. Aluminum is my no-brainer EDC but I also will bring my Vosun Sparkle or Ti-Vayder if I especially certain that my stuff isn’t gonna get swiped, like if we’re taking a car trip.

2 Likes

For quite a long while I was the same way with my Heist. After an unfortunate incident with my TiVayder that left it with some beauty marks (I was so mad at myself that day) it became the default. I can’t say I’m bummed about it anymore though - I play it way more now than I think I would if I was still concerned about dinging it :+1:

3 Likes

i changed it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

my PLSTC and my silnius

3 Likes

Wood and gum balls in you pocket, eh? I can’t believe you went there, this is a family forum.

2 Likes

I chose plastic and multi-material. The last few months I’ve carried a hybrid, the spinmaster X. Its a great performer. If I’m not carrying it I’ll carry a sk8r or other delrin. I’ll carry a butterfly XT if I’m going to be around people who might want to try my yoyo.

Since its warming up I won’t have a coat pocket to carry those larger yoyos so I’d like to find some yoyos that fit better into a pant pocket. I have a loonie, but its so dense it feels like a rock in my pocket. Does anybody know of other undersized hybrids or delrins that are obtainable?

2 Likes

Gotta go titanium. Most durable. But also most expensive if you lose it, so… tradeoffs :thinking:

6 Likes

Variety is the spice of life.

I’ve yet to get a TI or SS. But I usually carry a wood fixie, a responsive(plastic or AL) , a plastic un.(maybe re.),an aluminum and a bi.

Also a Offstring and some counterweights.:sunglasses:

1 Like