DV888 vs. Axiom

I’m looking for a brand new all metal yoyo and I narrowed it down to 2 yoyos, the Axiom and the DV888. I want a really smooth yoyo and has a long spin time. I know that the DV888 can spin to about 1min and 10 seconds. Does the Axiom spin longer than that? Thanks!!! ;D

The DV888 will spin much longer. One minute and 10 seconds is not the minimum time, and it is based more on your throw then anything.

Now, both are smooth and have long spin time. You need to go more into detail. Answer these questions so we can help you further:

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?

1.small
2.round butterfly
3.Silicone
4.maintain
5.not really
6.1A and 5A
7.$60 - $100
8.advance

Hope this Helps!!!

That’s like both of them… but the shape… maybe an Axiom? It’s more rounded?

Yes,the axiom will be great for you,but if you already have an m1,I prefer the m1 over it,and if you are advanced according to the tricks on this site,then I honestly dont think you need another metal. :wink:

I already have a M1.

How long does the Axiom spin?

I really dont like axioms,and like m1s much more,but axiom seems good for you,the sleep time depends on your throw and how worn in the bearing is,trust me,sleep time dont make a yoyo better in many ways,a good yoyo wont increase your spin time if you have a bad throw,you can give a begginer with a really bad throw a 888 and I could probably beat it with a kickside.I think your m1 will do just fine,especcually if the bearing is broken in,and they can easily compete with axioms IMO. :wink:

get the dv888.

he already has an m1 ;D

What color Axiom should I get?

I have the Copper one and it looks nice :slight_smile:

Is the copper the one on the yoyoexpert axiom page?

http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/axiom/view/index.html

Yep.

I have an crimson red Axiom, so my Axiom spins about 1 minute and 42 seconds, but it depends how hard you throw.

Happy Throwing! =]

Do u guys have any pics for te copper Axiom?

http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/axiom

I have several:

Dang, the Copper Axiom looks SWEET.

It’s soo wide.

I have tried a Dv888 and its really smooth but its just gross smooth. I like how the hectic plays so if anyone has the hectic and a axiom and they feel the same, Then i would go with the axiom, but it all depends on the preferences you have like samad said