dv888 vs. 888 vs. The Cut vs. x-convict

lately ive been looking for a yoyo to get with my birthday money. and i found some i liked.i can’t deside wich one to get ???. can you guys tell me wich one i should get?
here is what i want in a yoyo:

1. medium sized yoyo
  2. I like butter fly shapes
  3. i would like an unresponsive yoyo
  4. i like black yoyos
  5. i like string tricks
  6. my skill level is expert

WOW! These are completely different yoyos. We need to know a little more than just sleep time as this isn’t a big deciding factor. What do you look for in a yoyo? Weight, size, shape and response (yes I shortened it big time)? Please give a nice detailed answer so we can help you out.

Addment: Sleep time isn’t and shouldn’t be a deciding factor when you buy high-quality yoyos. Note that all of these yoyos have more than enough sleep time, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Here is the full form of what Pheenix said:

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?
    Also as Pheenix said spin time should not be a deciding factor.

I would probably reccomend the 888 most out of your choices. You will not like that the metal yo-yo’s dent. I know from experience. But I would seriously consider looking at a PGM (Plastic Grind Machine). Great Spin Times, Has Hubstacks, Great Look.

Stand up and read the following statement aloud:

“I am aware that spin time is determined by the player and not the yoyo; I will be able to complete any tricks I need to on any of these yoyos.”

Now we’ve gotten that out of the way… pick which one looks the best or is best for your budget.

Yoyomaster3000 already said that. I’d go with the eight/8/eight.

See Yoyomaster3000 edited his post instead of making a new one. Look at the edit time and Mfea’s post time and you will see that Mfea did what he should do.

Addment: Good job to both of you :9

First of all, those yoyos are completely different. The X-Convict is in a completely different class then the other ones.

888s and DV888s are relatively small. Cuts aren’t available in black yet, and X-Convict is no-where near the others in performance.

I’d say that your best bet is to try and trade for a black Pre-Release DV888.

You sure did miss something.

Let me rephrase that…

They aren’t available in black.

You could get black CUTs at HSpins site, but I think they wen’t out of stock long time ago. It will be fun to see what kinds of editions we get here though.

Well, these are VERY different. Not to say expensive is better, but you have a eight|8|eight to a x-convict, it is in a whole different class then the rest of the others listed… From what I have herd, I would go with DV888, It is cheaper, but plats with the rest.

the 888 is a lot of $ and is obvisaly at least a little better. but id go with the dv888 because it is so cheep. (the xvict does not stand a chance to the dv888 due to lack of long sleep times, smoothness, and grindage) (when you get the xvict you have to get a kk because my xvict did not sleep long at all) (i have never tried the cut) i like the 888, xvict and dv888. i have the xvict and dv888.

(all my personal preferance)

I would go with the dv888. It is cheap and plays very well. It has a very smooth spin and fits in my hand well.

dv888. i got 1 yesterday and it is amazing. have you ever tried grinding?AMAZING!!!