Dv888 or BOSS?

Hey everyone, i am new to this forum but would like to ask about my next and first all metal yoyo purchase.

Prefs:-I am a big yoyojam fan, i have an X-convict (with kk bearing) , Hitman (with kk bearing), K-os, Spin Faktor, and Lynn Fury stock.

• I want it to be good and unresponsive with tight binds
  • Great spin times
  • A big gap
  • Weight does not matter as long as it dose not feel like its 25 cent material.
  • Smooth and can pretty much handle whatever i throw at it (my Hitman snags on the string somtimes)

Overall i want to know what purchase you would make in my shoes if you could please do that.

Also, how long do K-pads last and how many extra’s should i order (I will be ordering the pads and yoyo’s from here at yoyoexpert i don’t have a local store.)

Thanks for your time!!

Go into more detail, and we can find which one is best for you.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. What weight is ideal to you?
  6. Does color matter?
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  8. What is your price range?
  9. What is your skill level?
1 Like

any yoyo you pick is right for you so go with which one looks better to you. k-pads usally last from 1 month to 2 or maybe 3 so i say get a couple like 3 or 4 so you wont need to by for a while

1 Like

Thanks for the advice Polo. And SR I am about intermediate learning to do some expert level string tricks and not quite at master yet.

-The kinds of tricks i like to combine a lot but my fav is gyro flop. 1A tricks i would consider is closest resemblance (string tricks without freehand? sorry im new at this)
Color:
-Idk i just want it to look slick and hott pretty much haha color dosnt matter as long as it does.
Price Range:
-i would prefer about 89-55 but if itd make a massive difference maybe higher otherwise no need.
Weight:
-As long as it dosnt feel like i can get it out of a 50 cent machine. heavy yoyo’s are good but i want a smooth feeling and speed that you can get from lighter. so probably 64g-70g’s.
Mods:
-I normally play the yoyo’s stock, but this i will probably add a konkave bearing (like i did my hitman and x-convict).
Response:
-I have only had rubber o-rings and hybrids. I do not like Duncan style friction stickers at all. I hear a lot of good things about silicone pads though.
Size:
-Does not matter haha

As you can tell i am easyyy

I personally think that both are on about equal playing fields. They come stock with huge gaps to there’s no need to even think about shimming them. The cool thing about K-Pads is they consistently give really tight, snappy binds with almost no unwanted snags, even with a massive gap. Actually, mine don’t really snag at all unless my string tension is bad. I’ve tried the BOSS (cant wait til Christmas 8)), and I own the DV888, and I would say that they both deliver a generous amount of performance for their price. The only other factor left in the air is if there’s a certain shape you prefer. DV888 has completely flat rims while the BOSS is more rounded and curvy. They both have ample weight and are extremely sturdy, yet they seem to float weightlessly across the string. It’s really hard to describe, but very satisfying. Either way, you’re looking at two incredible yo-yos, and I’m confident that you’ll be satisfied (blown away, rather ;D) no matter which you choose. If it helps, you can check out my review for the BOSS in the reviews section, and a DV888 review is soon to come.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the info. i came to the conclusion i would love either yoyo so plz tell me what YOU would do. They both meet my prefs and color i could care less what it is.

I’m just indecisive about which one haha so please tell me what you guys would go for or which you like better.

Read my Response to your post on my DV888 review, it should help you…

~gorrilla_yo808

1 Like

very helpful thank you. and i responded in your thread

I’m with rat faced dude guy, they are both pretty similar. You are going to learn that around here, when you tell someone, “tell me which one you would buy”, you will always get the same answer: “buy the one YOU want to buy”. I am gonna go ahead and tell you to buy the boss. Like rfdg said, they are both such smooth yoyos. They are both undersized, they both seem to “float” across when they are being thrown into tricks, and NEITHER of them will feel like 25 cent material.

We have gone too far with these questions…
The yoyos we’re talking about are the BOSS and Dv888.
-about the same size
-same response
-mod/maintaining is basically the same
-about the same weight
-about the same price range (15 dollar difference or something)
-You need the same amount of skill for both… binding.

Only one of these questiuons really matter: What shape do you want?

The BOSS is a bit more rounded than the Dv888, and your preferences aren’t that narrow yet. Look at both and see which one you want the most.

Oh you want my opinion? I’d hold on for a Pistolero or a Sky Walker. Out of these, the BOSS.

1 Like

Ya i agree with jonask. When i had posted this thread i had already knew both of these yo’s were similar, so i just wanted to know if either played better. Of course i have now learned from you all they are practically the same yo with a few exceptions such shape and a few others.

-The reason I said my preferences were wide and easy, is because im looking for a new yoyo experience with a great yo. I don’t really care to get a yoyo with exactly same features as my others to say, but a new experience with a yo that is a performer.

Thanks!

Ps- a few people told me that the Hectic is a sick throw with an interesting shape, is this true? (I know its about prefs but i want a new experience so all of that dosn’t matter to me that much.)