dv888 help

whats up everyone i yoyoed when younger and got into it again and went from couple yoyos now i got the dv888 lol so what im asking is my dv888 came with a half spec c bearing and i want to increase sleep time because its real bad and i have cleaned the bearing and everything maybe its the stock pads on it? i wanna switch them out to so could i switch out my half spec c bearing to a large c bearing and would i have to switch the axle out its already a 12mm stock axle so and whatkind of pads should i get for max sleep time because idk why i see all the articles and videos saying dv888 sleeps forever when mine maxed out like 20 sec and even shorter when doing strick tricks so any help thanks in advance

Pad doesn’t make up sleep time, at least not in general, as long as it works then it works.
Have you switched the bearing?
If the bearing is clean, when you flick the bearing, it should keep spinning for a few seconds, if it stops right away then it’s either lubed or dirty.
Getting long sleeper is also about the technique, there is a trick to it where basically you hold the string near the yoyo and twist it one way or another, the yoyo will tilt depending on which way you twist it. With no long sleeper technique maybe I’ll get about 1 minute, 2 minutes if I’m lucky, but using this trick I can get 7+ minutes even with plastic yoyos.

Try using some punctuation, that wasn’t easy to read. I think you’re trying to say your DV888 doesn’t sleep very long?

The responsive version of the DV888 comes with extra thick pads so swapping them for standard 19mm slim pads may fix the issue.

1 Like

an addition to what Garrett said, you would need to put a regular bearing in it as well, or i would recommend to do so. I’m not sure if you would need a new axle or not.