Dv888, Hectic, or Frantic???

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)-Medium
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)Round Butterfly/Butterfly
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)-Tug-responsive, but not too responsive. Hard tug responsive
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it? No- But I will maintain it if necessary.
  5. What weight is ideal to you? 60-70 grams.
  6. Does color matter? Blue or green
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do? Fast? Technical? Smooth? Slacks?)Technical and 1/2 smooth
  8. What is your price range? $60.00-$70.00
  9. What is your skill level? Late intermediate, early advanced
    Dv888 Hectic or Frantic for me?

Frantic has the most butterfly and Speeder like shape…

None will be tug responsive stock, add some thick lube.

I know it’s not on your list but I would say the M1 fits most of your preferences. None of the yos mentioned are medium, they are undersized. Also, none of them are designed to be played tug responsive.

Try learning bind returns. Found here: http://yoyoexpert.com/learn/030-intermediate-bind-returns.html

Is a Dv888 the same size as a Hectic? Because I know that the Hectic is way smaller than it looks in the YYE picture.

Tabs FTW.

They’re the same size.

there all the same size and there all gonna be really sweet yoyos it’s just all about ur prefrence… pick the one that u feel u will like… and if u don’t like it trade it for another one on ir list… I have a dv888 prerelease it plays unresponsive rigrh put of the box so I would suggest learning binds

Based on your preferences, it sounds like the Dv888 fits you best. I have and love the Hectic, but it’s small with an H-shape, whereas you said you like a more medium butterfly shape. The Dv888 is still an undersized yoyo, but I’m sure it’s bigger than the Hectic and closer to a “medium” size. Just my two cents, I’m sure you’ll be happy with either of those.

I like the dv888 best, but that’s just my preference.

I personally have tried the Dv888, Hetic, and Frantic all great yoyos by the way my personal favorite Dv888. The Frantic has its wieght centered more than the other two but has a nice angle to it for slack tricks. The Hetic is the most solid of the three but has a feel to it that just is not my personal taste. The Dv888 has the widest gap providing extreme smoothness even on bad throws and has beutiful grinds but it’s all just preference.

If you really want something more similar to a Speeder, get a Meteor ( a tad bit over price range). I suggest that you expand and try different things though. Look through all the fundaMETALs and check out some newer releases. This doesn’t have to be all about preference, it’s about what you’d like to try as well. Something will catch your eye, you when what to get when something does.

Here is a list for my friend. Between the same yoyos:

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)-Medium
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)Round Butterfly/Butterfly
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)-Unresponsive-Must have to bind!!!
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it? No- But I will maintain it if necessary.
  5. What weight is ideal to you? 60-70 grams.
  6. Does color matter? I like the blue of the Dv888 and Frantic and the pink and black for the Hectic
  7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do? Fast? Technical? Smooth? Slacks?)Technical
  8. What is your price range? $60.00-$70.00
  9. What is your skill level? Mid-advanced
    Dv888 Hectic or Frantic for me? Hehe notice I just copied mine and modified it for him.

for him its just about shape

The closest guess I have would be a dv888. There’s not really anything else… but I don’t know. That’s my guess.

The DV888 is neither round, nor like the Speeder.

The Frantic seems best.