Duncan Ballistic - need info

I’m thinking of picking up an old yoyo from my past, a Duncan Ballistic.

As I found info about it, I saw there were 2 versions made. One with a starburst response, and one with a slightly larger gap that used Friction Stickers.

My gut tells me to try and find one with Friction Stickers, but I’m wondering if anyone here has experience with both models and has an opinion on which version plays better, in general (taking into account its limitations as an older yoyo, of course!).

Also, if there is a way to tell the difference between the 2 models, visually, w/out opening the yoyo. My best bet to find one is likely eBay, and it is also likely the seller won’t know which version he’s got, and if it is NIB he’s not going to tear it open to find out :slight_smile:

EDIT: found an page on Amazon for one (out of stock, though) that says it uses Friction Stickers. The yoyo is yellow, so that could be a clue - perhaps the black ones are starburst…just a guess.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not sure how you’d be able to tell if it’s not in the package…but with a little searching around, the packaging is different for the 2 models.

The model with the starburst comes in this packaging:

duncan-ballistic-yo-yo-free-shipping_1_198b50ce7ec9a43951f218f212cde15f

While the model that uses the friction stickers comes in this packaging (note that the back of the package clearly states it uses friction stickers):

51PA7CWW7WL

2 Likes

The original one (no stickers) played like ■■■ so I can’t imagine the sticker version being worse.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you both!

This is mostly for nostalgia, but as long as I’m getting one I might as well try to get the better player :slight_smile:

3 Likes