Dubstep

I’m not saying there isn’t a place for it, just that it isn’t dubstep. You can’t innovate a genre you aren’t a part of.
Electronica is by nature very genre specific, there IS an exact formula for everything, saying Skrillex is dubstep is like saying “I love punk! Avril Lavigne is my favorite!”

Ya, I agree, but stuff like Relocation and Chain Smoker aren’t dubstep.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY8TMZreNmQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDiuPbY13qM

1 Like

only some of skrillex is acual dubstep. But raise your wepon by Deadmau5 has a dubsteppy drop towards the end.

On the other hand, dont you guys get pissed when people compare deadmau5 and skrillex all the time!?!?

yes, very much so.

Why do people even care about this whole thing? I understand the whole, “what is or isn’t dubstep” subject can be very touchy.I listen to a lot of this kind of music ,but I just can’t seen to know what to call a lot of them.The ocean of sub genres is far to deep for me to know the difference between them sometimes.I see people get really into arguments like these at certain points ,and it really upsets me that it seems less like people conversing what they like ,but more like “OH! I know what sub genre of music this is ,so that means I’m clearly more knowledgeable about music than you are!”.I understand the range of sub genres ,and I can easily recognize most of them ,but now it seems like all of the sub genres are broken down to the point where almost every new person who makes this kind of music has his very own genre ,and it’s very hard to keep track.
I just keep listening to what simply fits my mood and makes me feel good.I really wish everyone could just put all the sub genre of sub genre stuff aside and post what you think is dubstep. :wink:

1 Like

YES!!!

This is true- probably should have been a bit more clear.

Electronica I like in general:

Royksopp
Feed Me/Spor
Bassnectar
The Bloody Beetroots
Bingo Players
Boys Noize
Data
Infected Mushroom
Ratatat
Pendulum
Zed’s Dead
Unicorn Kid
Digitalism
Teenage Bad Girl
Tiesto
Air
Chemical Brothers
Most of what’s on monstercat; I don’t feel like typing all those out.

I’m kind of tired right now so I probably forgot a lot.

Skrillex is Bro Step, and offshoot of Dubstep, but still…I love Skream…Like I said before…I heard some of Knife PArty, I like it…But either way, I’m multi-Music Cultured…lol

I don’t care if it’s dubstep, bro step, EDM, electronica. I like it. That’s all that matters to me.

1 Like