Dressel Designs: assassin v2

That “oil slick” coloring on weight rings seems to be a trending with yoyos and I love it.

Ivan

1 Like

C bearing. Just seemed to fit the design better in my head. If it’s successful I’ll do a D bearing for all my D bearing junkies out there tho.

2 Likes

The Kanto looks great. Also really like the name.

3 Likes

That looks so good. Just don’t tempt me with a bunch of cool colorways or my credit card will spontaneously combust!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl:no promises

4 Likes

“I FEEL LIKE IM PLAYING A DRAUPNIR HIDING INSIDE A PANORAMA”

When you think of a slim, organic yoyo, you generally don’t think about performance. Kanto is here to change that. Our goal was to take a sub optimal shape for performance, and pack as much performance into it as we can. It’s been given the nickname “Slimline Draupnir” by those who have been able to try it because of its unique play experience.

1/22

24 Likes

Really looks great. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Woaw. That’s incredible. You caught my eye with the rainbow rims and the nickname “Slimline Draupnir”. Are clear and rainbow rims going to be a colourway as well? Is it going to be the slimline yoyo to end all slimline yoyos? How does it compare to the Old School Throws Resto?

3 Likes

Looks nice!

2 Likes

It’s a lot closer to a "normal’ width than a resto lol, id say right on the edge vetween slimline and normal but it’s the same idea. A couple grams heavier (a couple more if it’s brass lol), a fair bit wider, a more classic organic shape. I haven’t played one since worlds 2019 but the idea is very similar, and probably was an inspiration even if I didn’t realize it.

3 Likes

Ah I see. I’m guessing it’ll be around 35mm in width, since the Resto is 31mm, unless it’s closer to the Aitch. Ohh I see, it’s the only other slimline bimetal out there right now as well. Does it play light and nimble?

2 Likes

A little wider (think panorama-ish width)

And yeah I think the ss is very light and nimble. Brass is slower and more relaxed

3 Likes

Awesome, will be getting one when they drop.

1 Like

Hey guys!
Full length Kanto video dropping here, tomorrow at noon EST

Check it out here: Dressel Designs: Kanto - YouTube

6 Likes

Out now!

12 Likes

That was sick. Can’t wait to drool over colorways.

Could you give us a side by side shot of the Kanto with a 50/50 or Assassin? I can’t ever wrap my head around the size of a thing solely on measurements.

4 Likes

Yes. Later this week.

4 Likes

great work my friend

Glorious :star_struck: I’m definitely going to pick one of these up

1 Like

Where is this dropping? I may finally buy a yoyo after about a decade.

2 Likes