Dressel Design 5050 - New Colors release 5/5!

The design for the 5050 came about from a love of mid-school organics like the 888 and hatrick with the idea of accomplishing 2 things in the process; getting rid of the “rock” feeling that plagues most undersized throws and making it very easy to play and catch. He took the diameter of most throws from that mid-school and made it 1to1 after enjoying a smaller ultrawide yoyo called the qubit for a bit. The light weight makes the 5050 easy to throw for a long time and brings a joyful and zippy presence that usually isn’t felt with smaller yoyos. It’s surprisingly stable for its shape and size and the D bearing takes everything you love about organics and brings it to the next level!

Releasing Thursday, 5/5 @ 8:05 EDT!

22 Likes

Oh yeah I’m DEFINITELY not going to miss this !!! I can’t wait :star_struck:

3 Likes

That galaxy looks so good in the pic! Great shots all around

2 Likes

This a good JoJo.

1 Like

dude the galaxy looks insane, but tbh the cloudy clear is lookin like a sneaky Ti version lol. now im kinda torn

2 Likes

There’s a lot less of the shiny clears

1 Like

It went live at 8

Grabbed a galaxy.

kgb

2 Likes

Copped a Blurple off @hobbygod’s site. If it was sold out I would’ve gotten a shamrock one here. SUPER stoked to own one of these finally, I think it sticks out the most out of all the yoyos I tried at DXL, and I’ve been hyped for this release for a minute. Grab one if you can!

5 Likes

timer being off made it so the clear in my cart was out of stock by the time I checked out. :person_shrugging: next time.

2 Likes

Nabbed the blue/green fade…Galaxy was cool but I love the simplicity of the blue/green fade. At the time of waiting for the countdown, I was knee deep in a project at work (thankfully at my computer) but was almost getting lost in what I was doing. Glad to finally get my hands on a 50/50, they intrigued me back then but color choices then kept me from pulling the trigger. Should be worth the wait :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I copped the mint colorway !!! it was the last one I’m so sorry guys :pensive:. I went with the mint because it looks so clean and it gives off a pleasant vibe by looking at it (at least for me that is :laughing:) I’ve been wanting to try a 5050 for a long time, I can’t wait !!!

4 Likes

Mint is my favorite solid.i.think besides shiny clear

3 Likes

That clear has kind of an iridescent pinkish color to it, looks really nice!

2 Likes

Galaxy is best, though ill have to see it in person if I like it better than the original YYE fire colorway. Thanks for making enough that they didnt sell out in 10 minutes @hobbygod. It shouldn’t just be the drop crowd that gets to throw this yoyo. As for anyone on the fence, this yoyo is the real deal, get one.

6 Likes

I agree with this sentiment. It’s nice to see a hyped up yo-yo release that for the most part has enough stock to at least hang around for a day or two .

5 Likes

Thanks @Chriscatastrophe @eternalmetal the plan was to keep them in stock across a couple different stores and regions. Our biggest run yet by a lot.

5 Likes

I can’t say I’ve picked one of these up yet but I hope to and I certainly love the look of them. Spectacular.

1 Like

How many were made total? And how many blurple since I know those were pretty rare.

400 total. Blurple was around 30-35

4 Likes

I could only hold out for so long.

Galaxy 50/50 incoming!!

11 Likes