Our first release from Dressel Designs - The 5050!

Dressel Designs is a new yoyo company run by Patrick Dressel (aka @hobbygod). He started his company with the goal of putting out yoyos that haven’t been done before. He is designing yoyos that break away from what’s considered the norm, and this is his first release here at YoYoExpert - The 5050!

The design for the 5050 came about from a love of mid-school organics like the 888 and hatrick with the idea of accomplishing 2 things in the process; getting rid of the “rock” feeling that plagues most undersized throws and making it very easy to play and catch. He took the diameter of most throws from that mid-school and made it 1to1 after enjoying a smaller ultrawide yoyo called the qubit for a bit. The light weight makes the 5050 easy to throw for a long time and brings a joyful and zippy presence that usually isn’t felt with smaller yoyos. It’s surprisingly stable for its shape and size and the D bearing takes everything you love about organics and brings it to the next level!

Releasing Saturday 10/9 @ 8PM EDT.

24 Likes

Wow!!! This is so surreal! I’m so excited for this drop. This yoyo in particular is super special because it was built with suggestions from this forum!! Thank you all for having me on your site!

16 Likes

Oh man, this looks like so much fun!

1 Like

Solid or splash though? :thinking:

2 Likes

Really like the logo.

3 Likes

i have the first iteration of the 5050 and it’s a solid throw. patrick did an excellent job pulling off the 1-1 on this

6 Likes

All the colors came out amazing. Definitely tough to choose!

2 Likes

Way to go @hobbygod ! Congrats on your first release at YYE.

4 Likes

Thank you sir!

1 Like

I was about to buy one until I realised you can’t buy one without the huge engraving. Massive bummer. The design is just so great.

Do you have any unengraved @hobbygod ?

2 Likes

I do not, sorry :/. Appreciate the love regardless!

3 Likes

Maybe buy one just to support since you like the design

2 Likes

Yeah. That needs to happen.

2 Likes

I’m sure he would appreciate it :blush:

3 Likes

No shade. Just Glen eyeing my product is a huge honor. Dude handmakes the most beautiful yoyos

4 Likes

Keep up the great work. Love what you’re doing so far

1 Like

Done! Made a purchase. Can’t wait!

4 Likes

You’re amazing! You have any plastic unresponsives left?

1 Like

Thank you!!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: what color did you go for?

3 Likes

All three were really good, but I’m a sucker for aqua.

4 Likes