Dressel Designs: assassin v2

Can you pls tell us how much this will retail for ? Or should we find out in the future :wink:

1 Like

There should be some here on yoyoexpert!! Just trying to finalize with international sellers first.

Around 80 bucks shipped. Maybe a bit less.

5 Likes

SPECS AND DESIGN:
53.6mm diameter, 38mm width, 59.4g 4.45mm gap, C bearing

To avoid packing on endless rim weight, we decided to design the Kanto around the idea of making the weight, diameter and width add up to 151 as a tribute to the original 151 pokemon, and with 6061 aluminum to make it affordable for everyone. This made us get creative with the shape and design of the yoyo, most specifically with the schmoove groove portion of the profile. A tiny ā€œbumpā€ at the edge of the schmoove acts as another way to reduce tilting friction and keep the string centered with a comfy organic shape that is just so fun to play!

26 Likes

Just take my money! Looking forward to trying this one out.

1 Like

YES YES YES I canā€™t wait for this to drop on YYE Iā€™m a huge fan of PokĆ©mon and I really like the reference of PokĆ©mon that is incorporated into this yo-yo and itā€™s really cool how it all adds up to 151 thatā€™s a cool idea guys !!! Iā€™m definitely going to pick this up soon !!! Iā€™m hyped that this is going to be my first dd throw :wink: now all We need is a release date :grin:

1 Like

Aiming for mid/late Jan!

8 Likes

I love the specs and the shape!!! Itā€™s giving me YYJ hitman vibes (54x40), and everybody knows how much I love the hitman. In another thread I mentioned how Iā€™d like to see more undersized bimetals, secretly hoping one would come out which fills my desire for a modernized hitman, so Iā€™m very excited for this.

5 Likes

We actually tried to go 54x40 at first, but it was too tough to get to 57 grams in the design and we thought it would impact it negatively. I hope this scratches the itch for ya.

Funnily enough, we have something YYJ inspired in the works for next yearā€‹:eyes::eyes:

4 Likes

YEAR IN REVIEW:

We took 2021 by storm as a first year yoyo company. We have accomplished a lot this year, most notably these 3 things

1. Create the best all around mini yoyo with a premium material and not so premium price :dart:

1. Create an organic yoyo that stands out from anything else in a market that is absolutely FLOODED with organics :dart:

2. Sponsored our first player, Shinnosuke (heā€™s the best go follow him now!!) :dart:

We are looking to accomplish even more in 2022. Hereā€™s a peak at what weā€™re looking to do moving forward.

1. Drop some bimetals. Kanto and Fusion are both coming in the beginning of the year. You do NOT want to miss these!!

1. Getting our yoyos into more players hands by ordering larger runs and getting into more retail stores across the globe.

2. Sponsoring contests

3. A more performance focused monometal release based on the assassin shape but with Japanese influences

4. A hybrid model thatā€™ll bring back some nostalgia for the players from the 2000s

5. 5050 rerun and Maybe a signature yoyo?!?!?!?

If you got this far, HUGE thank you to all the DD fans that made 2021 so great. Canā€™t wait to see you all in 2022

23 Likes

I canā€™t wait for whatā€™s in store next year thereā€™s so much hype surrounding me right now !!! You guys are doing Great as a company and itā€™s only your first year !!! I have to pick up a dd throw in the future itā€™ll be my first one and I want to see what all the talk is about :grin: Iā€™m eyeing on the kanto right now but theirs also the fusion and I donā€™t know which one to buy :sweat_smile: keep it up guys looking forward to more sweet throws from you in the future :wink:

4 Likes

I think the only choice is to buy both :grin:

2 Likes

Assassin re run? Plz?

1 Like

This is the answer.

@LX_Emergency not likely. Maybe in the future. They were in stock for a few weeks here before black friday

2 Likes

Sigh, yeah, I know. Timing was off for me. No harsh feelings towards you though.

2 Likes

Looking forward to your next stainless mono-metal, too (even if it wonā€™t make it onto the 2022 calendar).

2 Likes

I wanna try a heavier stainless Kanto eventually but stainless is so tough to work with.

5 Likes

Man I canā€™t WAIT to huck this at one of my homies heads , hoping it straight KOā€™s them For an guaranteed CAPTURE !!!

2 Likes

Lmfao I donā€™t recommend thatā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl: but it would be funny to see

2 Likes

:joy: Hey , Iā€™ll leave em with a sliver of HP :man_shrugging:t5: Iā€™m not THAT vicious :joy:

In all seriousness Iā€™m super Excited for the drop of thi BEAUTIFUL throw !!! In all honesty I havenā€™t been excited for the drop of a throw in a while :sweat_smile:

2 Likes