Draupnir

Maybe true for yuppies who buy a 328i because they want a BMW, but the Draupnir is not a 328i. It’s more of an M3. Performance oriented. Expensive, yes. An NA miata (shutter) with few grand put in it will keep up with it on the track, but some people want to (and can afford to) run laps in a precisely engineered instrument. The Draupnir is a yoyoer’s yoyo, the same way an M3 is a driver’s car.

Well said. A lamborghini is by no means worth its price just for its driving, but that isn’t what people would buy it for. Sure, it’s one of the best, but it isn’t worth the price just for the performance. The reason people get the yoyo is because of the fun of having such an awesome yoyo.

[/quote]

I heard the draupnir plays for the price.
Also, I didn’t get it mainly because I wanted the fun of an awesome yoyo
I got it so I could have a throw that isn’t 68g that’s spins like it does, and handles speed and horizontal with ease.

Pros don’t spend much on their throws?
Everyone on TP
Everyone on YYR
Everyone on sOMEThING
Everyone on CLYW
Everyone on almost every Japanese company

People who spend less than $100?
Um…
YYF? But now that the space cowboy is out I assume some people will be using that?

1 Like

Which is “worth” more?

1. A Draupnir; which is by far the best yo-yo available here on planet Earth. (~$220)
  2. Any other two yo-yo’s you can think of. (~$200 - $400).

Spend $220 on a Draupnir and rest assured; there is no other yo-yo that is currently on the market, that is better. That is true value.

You can do anything on a whip…

True, but I think he’s trying to point out that there is a limit to how “well” a $10 plastic can perform.
Of course you can do your everyday combos, but it would probably be pretty difficult to pull off.

I bet the people who are saying that a Draupnir is not worth $220(Philip :stuck_out_tongue: ) doesn’t think ANY yoyo is worth that much.

But if you do believe that any yoyo is worth that much, then the Draupnir IS worth it.

1 Like

I don’t think anybody’s saying that it’s not worth that much, just it costs a ton and it just isn’t two times as better than a $100. (I don’t actually know what a draupnir’s like but I’m assuming it’s not twice as good as a $100 yoyo.) Personally I’d rather have 22 classics myself but I’m a little different than most people :smiley:

If the Draupnir isn’t worth $220, nothing is (Unless its a classic signed by Morgan Freeman)

$200+ dollars for a raw yoyo? Yeah, nope.

I got a raw one for $140. Totally worth it.

If you don’t want to spend money on a yoyo, then don’t. It’s really simple. Go buy a Magic Yoyo.

Raw ones were $200 flat when they first sold, prob worth a little less now
Have you played one before? I think you might reconsider your words a little

You have my most sincere apologies. I am terribly sorry that I have failed you, wise and noble yoyo master.

May the wind be always at your back and may the road rise ever up to meet you.

1 Like

Why are you being all snarky? I wasn’t even talking about what you said. You asked questions.

1 Like

I was joking, but it’s all good.

What’s all good?

It

That was a pretty good movie

Is it really worth it or it’s just another “high price give the illusion of quality”? so far there is no YYR I’ve tried that makes me wanna buy one… I dunno, I feel that they are just “another” yoyo with different specs than the ones I’ve played. Sure the build quality is really good but performance wise I still can’t justify the price.
Think I should try one, but I really doubt that will change the way I see them…

Dude. Many have named it “the best yoyo” and there are many other yoyos that are more expensive