Doombot love

I was not expecting to really like this. The diameter is larger than my normal taste.
Wow is all I can say.
The term “Draupnir killer” gets thrown around a lot. This thing is a major contender.

14 Likes

It def is :heart::robot:

4 Likes

I’ve been throwing a Proto around for about a year. And for about the same length of time, wondered how the heck is Elvin gonna dial it in even better?

Well, he figured it out.

This Doom Bot is Top Shelf equipment.

13 Likes

it is amazing. everything about the entire project - to end delivery - is stunning. i am very happy with it. for a guy that does not prefer performance bimetals, it was worth purging from my collection what i did to get two.

it is a stunning work of art, and a machine. i was frickin beside myself.

9 Likes

The Doombot looks like a masterpiece.

4 Likes

I haven’t thrown it, but just looking at the design I can tell it would beat the Drapunir into a fine powder.

5 Likes

Hes anyone had the vibe issues they mentioned? Mine is like glass, and I havent heard of anyones having vibe.

3 Likes

i laughed really hard when i read this @Glenacius_K

@dizzo no vibe issues

3 Likes

I have a battle grade and vibe is very minor so I can only imagine anything in A grade would be barely notable. I know Elvin mentioned it, but I think that just shows you what a perfectionist he is.

And I agree about play and performance it is simply incredible. It feels like the pinnacle of his work.

5 Likes

Mine has a little vibe.

5 Likes

“Draupnir killer” was one of the things I thought about it when I got it…

11 Likes

Draupnir killer?

Seven years after its release and made of titanium and brass for 50% more money? Not seeing it.

5 Likes

Irrelevant.

2 Likes

A lot of people still consider the draup to be the best yoyo ever made. Its performance is still top level to this day. The similarities between the draup and doombot are pretty apparent in both look and play.
The doombot is not for someone who is doing a cost to performance analysis. It is for the person who will spare no expense for the best and wishes for a yoyo that reminds them of the draupnir in all the good ways.

5 Likes

I’m glad you’re enjoying it! There are some KILLER aggressive perforce throws out there that I can personally recommend if you’re getting more into those. They don’t cost $400+ like this, but I think you would enjoy them despite not being as expensive or collectible.

I’ve said it before, but I think that a killer competition throw has its own set of good vibes.

5 Likes

The only yoyo that I’ve thrown that can really give the Draupnir a run for its money (in my opinion) is the Kenshin Kiwami. Yes, I know I’m biased, but I do stand by that. There are many awesome competition yoyos, but very few that are THAT good. For this to be in that highest tier, it must be pretty incredible!

To anyone who owns a Doombot, how does it play for horizontal? I’d love to see a video showcasing its capabilities!

5 Likes

I’ll send you mine and you can see for yourself.
Maybe make a review?

But you have got to send it back…at some point.

8 Likes

That is an amazing offer my friend. I will almost certainly take you up on it some time. A direct comparison video between it and the Draupnir would be really cool I think.

Thank you thank you!

5 Likes

As soon as I see a 6061 bimetal for that price, I immediately look somewhere else. There’s just too many amazing 7075 and 7068 bimetals for the same price these days.

2 Likes

You totally got my post.

1 Like