Don't tell my wife, 200$ worth of yo's in 2 weeks

My GF typically really enjoys yo-yo’s. I’ll get a new one and ill do some tricks and she’ll stare in aw and wont care how much it is really. Still she doesn’t understand $100+ yo-yo’s because to her a yo-yo is a yo-yo. Which is basically what i thought when i started. I saw these $45 yo-yo’s and thought that that was crazy and i would never need that. Little did i know there were $100+ yo-yo’s. It takes time to understand more expensive yo-yo’s and even yo-yoing itself, and i dont ever expect my girlfriend and any of my friends to get that unless they start yo-yoing too… which i plan to in due time :slight_smile:

Phht…What’s a $100? People spend that much filling up their vehicle.

I dont buy into the hype of ods and clyws etc. Ive always been fine throwing “low end” yoyos. The FHZ and protostar are still my go to throws.

Look at videos of some of the foreign duncan crew and see what they do with 40-50 dollar echos, raptors and the metropolis and it just proves that it doesnt matter what the pricetag is, if you have skill you have skill. Tomas Bubak is fast becoming one of my favorite yoyo players and the raptor is his main throw. He has been making a big splash in europe for a couple years now. I see him or Kohta Wantanbe getting Duncan a 1a world title in the near future.

Bottom line pricetag and country of origin doesnt matter at all. If you have deep pockets thats awesome, if you dont then oh well play whatever you can and remember practice makes you good, not wallet size.

Jensen Kimmit won worlds in 2010 with a northstar :stuck_out_tongue: . All the guys behind him had $200 yoyo’s and he won with a $30 one. Couldn’t agree with you more and this video proves it. Expensive yo-yo’s to me are more about style and collecting than anything else. I could just rock the $30 chaser i have and be fine. Plus my more expensive yo-yo’s are more fun to play with for some reason, can’t explain why. Mainly about personal preference than anything. People like spending money on nice things. It’s like buying an expensive car. You could get a cheaper car that gets the job done just as well, but there’s something about owning a nicer car that makes it worth buying. All about preference really, which is why yo-yoing is awesome in a way :slight_smile:

I thought this thread died ???

I’m also from Israel and I’m 34 yo, also, the few yoyoers that I know are also adults.
Just saying :slight_smile:

From NJ here and I second that!
Not that I feel there is an age requirement at all…yoyo’s are for everyone!