Donate a Yo-Yo Ended! Goal Exceeded - 44 Throws Total - Prizes Announced!

again, a big thanks to totalartist and fellavadar for being real awesome and sacrificing so much of your guys/gals time with this project. i really do hope all the yoyos go to even more good use :wink: you guys are great, and an inspiration!

Most definitely!

Thanks guys, we appreciate that. We are awaiting a few more packages in the mail from people who donated over the weekend, before the cutoff. After we receive those, we’re hoping on Friday night, to make the prize announcements. We appreciate your patience the next few days. Thanks again for all your generosity with the donations.

Glad we could help!!! ;D

I’m gonna be camping Friday-Monday. So if I was to win anything it will have to hold off. I don’t think I’ll have any reception up north. Haha.

Where up North?

I’m Camping Thursday to Friday, then I’m Hiking Mount Washington!

Pm Me!

No problem. Feel free to PM me your address, and we can handle everything from here. You may end up with a surprise upon your return. Anyone else who will be away can do the same. Thanks for the heads up.

I got the addresses from a few of you who will be away for the weekend.

Here are a few prize videos while we are waiting for the last few things in the mail:

This is the Blood Brother yo-yo. It’s in great condition. I have a blue one, same pose, so I figured I’d offer this up as a prize. Someone was thinking this was excessive for a prize, but I acquired it in a $50 trade where two yo-yos were involved, so I really only spent about $25 on this throw. It was a good deal for me, and because it’s not a beater, I figure we’ll give it to one of you guys with a little experience. It retails at about $64.99 new, so someone will enjoy it. I took these videos with my cellphone.

Next are the obvious keychains and signed MarkMont card. He signed in regular ink pen. While it does not stand out as well against the black clothing he is wearing in the picture, it is still visible, and legit. As posted above, I received the card with the sodablast MMN I bought on YYE. I have two of those yo-yos, and I had two cards, so willing to give one up. The top loader makes the sun bounce off it, hard to see.

Next are the leather yo-yo holders. It’s obvious what the version sold on YYE looks like, but some of you were not aware of the short ones I used to make. That design is phased out, but I made a lot of them back then, so I still have a bunch. I offered a few short ones as prizes. For those of you wondering what the difference is between the two:

A stock pic of a Triple Crown Duncan Echo, retails new at $46.99:

Thanks again guys, we will update you.

i cant belive youre offering about $100 or more worth of prizes AND donated yoyos to fellavader! it is YOU who is the most genourous! thank YOU again totalartist for doing such a great thing!

1 Like

^this guy knows whats up.  Totalartist and Fellavader are so awesome!

1 Like

Thanks you guys for posting that. I think as I got older, I learned the value of being more charitable. I could still do a lot more, and I think back at a lot of people who contributed for me, complete strangers, when I was younger. I feel like now it’s my turn, and I am taking baby steps toward that. I still have a long way to go though. Some of you guys are much younger than me, and you are already donating your possessions, things that still work perfectly fine, for the joy of someone you don’t even know. That goes a long way. We thank you guys very much.

as i said before TOTALARTIST FOR FORUM EXPERT!

I agree :wink:

;D You guys are great! Fellavader just texted me an updated photo of the throws. He put a few more yo-yos in the mix, and when we get the last package, we’ll update you again. We estimate that we may even surpass 40 throws by the end of the week. The throw in the front is a Dash that needs a new axle, and we have one on the way for it. The cards and stickers were donated to the club by YYE months ago, before we started the donation thread, they gave their support.

Thanks to you guys, we received just about every type of throw you can think of, auto-return, fixed axle, wooden, plastic, metal, responsive, unresponsive, offstring, and so on.

Update to this post:
Stickman donated a whopping 10 throws, now we have a total of 44. Thanks a lot Stickman!

Nice!

lol me too! :stuck_out_tongue:

The donated throws pic, now up to a total of 44, has been updated above, as we have received the last donation package in the mail. Stickman, was extremely generous and we received his package of a whopping 10 throws in the mail yesterday (second pic). Thanks Stickman!!

Okay guys, we have the following names entered in the drawing. Mgiroux77 does not want to be included in the drawing, but he donated. Yoyospirit does not want to be included in the drawing, but he donated. Stickman, who also was very generous, does not want to be included in the drawing. We thank the three of those guys so much for their charitable contribution. When you run into those guys posting on the forums, say thank you to them for making the chances for winning the prizes even better for the rest of you. Of course Fellavader and I are not in the drawing. The names of you guys in the running for prizes, to be announced tonight, are:

Shadowz143
Supbreh1234
Ghost8982
Offstring-Stewart
A Soviet Locust
ManofMystery
Mr. Squirrel
Proboscis

If your name was not listed, but it should be, please let us know tonight, by 7pm EST, before the winners of the prizes are announced. We thank you guys for the donations, and we hope this will be a nice way to say, “thank you,” for all the support. See the thread tonight at 10pm for the prize
announcement results.

A complete list of everyone who donated is as follows:

Mgiroux77
Stickman
YoyoSpirit
Ghost8982
Supbreh1234
Shadowz143
ManofMystery
Mr. Squirrel
Proboscis
Offstring-Stewart
A Soviet Locust

Thanks to all you guys, a great example for the rest of us!

1 Like

I’m not sure how important it is, but it’s “A Soviet Locust” not “the”. maybe that’s completely unimportant. whatever.

I caught that late…made the correction, sorry about that :wink: Thank you.

1 Like

Probably Not Important, but Manofmystery has no spaces.

Just thought I’d let you know. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for doing this for the community!

You guys are awesome and it was great to meet you!