Does anyone (on this EARTH!...lol! ) have a pic of of the wooden insert, brass rivet axle Duncraft Proyo yoyo? - showing without pogs and insert/ axle clearly?. Thank You

Yeah, maybe @YOHANS can shed some light on those? They’re the only ones I have and they’re sealed in that bag, but they match up to the brass ones. All the yoyos I’ve owned over the years had the brass ones installed.

1 Like

Not sure if you got your picture fix from the other responses, but here are the ones I have. They’re Duracraft Proyos, not Duncraft. Brass axles on the right, wood on the left, and in the middle is a modified wood axle: I put non-gel super glue on the outside hexagon part (not the circular part on the sides) to increase their longevity because the wood axles are so fragile.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info - Immense amount of Yo-Yo history/info. :+1::bangbang:

1 Like

Thanks, for sure. Good stuff.

If you have one of those you’d be willing to part with let me know anytime - jtn26507@gmail.com. Also thinks again for the pics and knowledge :call_me_hand:- John

Sorry, man. Honestly, they’re priceless to me, so I’m afraid you wouldn’t be able to buy one. Even though it’s a pain (wooden axles that need sticky modification and eventually break anyway, and opening the yoyo up is a chore compared to others), it’s hands down my favorite yoyo of all time. Incredibly smooth. Haven’t found a longer fixed axle spin. If you see one out there for a decent price, I suggest buying it immediately.

2 Likes

Right on👍

How do you find this works? Does it help keep them from cracking?

1 Like

Yeah, it just seeps into the pores of the wood and then dries, making it stronger and increasing its longevity by delaying it’s inevitable cracking. It doesn’t work 100% of the time (some axles are very soft and will crack no matter what), but oftentimes it works and it’s great. I usually do one coat and another after the first dries.

2 Likes

Just saw a few of them on the bay of E, fyi :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just snapped this up off the Bay!. The first take apart proyo 1 with the wood and brass hexagon axle system I’ve seen in the last 10 months or so since we talked last. Has extra brass axle and knurled nut. HTF! …( I feel complete ) lol!

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Congrats! It’s a special yo-yo. My all time favorite pre-modern fixie.

Check this out. The other day I was watching Stranger Things and noticed this, which I thought was hilarious: Yoyo Acquaintance - Proyos on Stranger Things | Facebook | By Yoyo Acquaintance | Proyos!

1 Like

Blast from the past - Tragg model Proyo, I have one!..lol!. Right on man!..Thanks, John.

1 Like

Not remotely answering the original question, I just wanted to join in :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Playmaxx to the left, Duracraft to the right.

3 Likes

Nice!, that’s what’s up! :slightly_smiling_face: