Does anyone know what the best yoyofactory response pads are?

Im debating between blue pads and yellow.

Get the sampler pack and you can decide

3 Likes

I bought some yellow recently and Iā€™m very satisfied with them. Unless you need the extra grip of blue for some reason (maybe you really like thin string with huge gaps) Iā€™d say yellow will serve you well.

Iā€™ve also got a pair of naturals in one of my yo-yos and theyā€™re really nice, but the yellows seem a little more consistent.

1 Like

Thank you both for your answers, I decided im going to get 2 pairs of yellow and 2 pairs of blue, also a white response pad.

2 Likes

The best ones are the ones that fit in your yoyo.

1 Like

Yeah there isnā€™t really a ā€œbest,ā€ itā€™s all kinda subjective and dependent somewhat on the yoyo. Iā€™ve received yoyos with yellow, green, blue, and red pads. I personally prefer the blue and red pads but the greens work fine as well. (I haz sloppy binds lol.)

1 Like

I hate the blue ones. They are so grabby. My Shutter WA snagged a lot when I used them. Rn I use red and some kind of pink yyf pads. Iā€™ve heard natural are nice too

2 Likes

I have had my shutter for about 6-7 years and Iā€™ve never changed the white pads and they are still good. (That and my dv888 is what I learned on so a lot of play time too)

3 Likes

white pads are the best hands down

2 Likes

ok I have had to change the pads on my shutter 4 times and I have not even had it for a year so I dont know how your pads are still on just saying

Not sure lol

I like the natural pads, they seem to last the longest. White are slightly cheaper though, and itā€™s not like they wear out fast or anything.

9 Likes

Do you have oily skin, or often play with dirty hands? The pads may just be dirty/oily if thatā€™s the case. I posted recently about this. Next time, try a cotton swab with 91% isopropyl on it to clean the pad, before you decide to change it. May helpā€¦?

1 Like

I dont have neither I just ware my pads out really quick I guess

4 sets of pads in a year isnā€™t too crazy, but just out of curiosity - Are they literally wearing down or are they falling out of the yo-yo? If theyā€™re wearing down then yeah, it means youā€™re playing a lot and they need to be replaced. If theyā€™re falling out then it means you might be doing something wrong - For example if you lube your bearing and any gets on the pads that can cause them to fall out.

2 Likes

there wearing out to the point I canā€™t hardly bind

1 Like

Thatā€™s what happens to most people I think. Lube in the pads.

That is incorrect.

They are only the best ones;,if they ā€˜are indeedā€™ the best ones. Or they ā€˜areā€™ the best ones because: you have no others or you can afford no others or you are too poor to afford the best ones or you are too cheap to buy the best ones or you happen to live in Australia and you donā€™t want to be helpful and directly answer the original question.

Or you have been vaping way too much wood dust and you you feel a small dose of low grade humor will put the world closer to a zen state of relaxation.

I said that because I have found every kind of Yoyofactory pad to work well in my yoyos.

Try not to overthink things too much, Doc. :wink:

It sure beats underthinking; Glen

2 Likes