Do you wear a mask now?

Conflicting information! Some say save them for medical personnel, others say wear them! I say wear them if you have to go to work, or grocery store, we may be one less person medical staff has to treat.

I found masks, the n95 are not attainable, but some mask is better than none. I don’t trust myself with reusable.

3 Likes

I see people wearing painter masks and bandanas. I have not gone out in public since yesterday and that was to the post office. I didn’t cover any of my face. I don’t need to go out in public as I have 4-5 wks of food. I’m expecting a Mail Day on Tues/Wed so I will cover with a bandana. It’s all getting very weird.

4 Likes

My wife dug up an N95 we had from an old 3M gift box. We’ll wear it out on the rare occasions that one of us runs essential errands, about one trip out each week between us (not each).

1 Like

They have to then be sprayed then thoroughly dried so you don’t get any of the chemicals in your lungs. The PA Governor issued a mandatory mask rule yesterday afternoon. Just saw this.

1 Like

Yeah. We’ll detox it after each trip. Going to be about a week between each use anyway.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’d rather use a fresh lesser quality?

Is this good?

I thought if something else just now. Debit cards. Theoretically possible to pick up the virus from a scanner if someone’s card had the virus? I think doubtful, but theoretically possible. I will however clean my card now and then.

1 Like

No, I dont wear masks. I try to just stay at the house. I do have one that came in the mail with a mousepad i ordered but its still sitting in the bag it came in.

1 Like

I have to continue working with people. I made a case everyone needs to wear a mask. So far, not all are. Asked the manager to insist.

2 Likes

I wear my N95 respirator I have for painting and other big projects that create a lot of airborne particles when I go outside to get deliveries. I haven’t gone anywhere in weeks, but if I were to, I’d wear a reusable/washable N95 mask I have for air brushing and other small projects. I’ve been doing this for weeks and weeks, and has decided long ago I would wear a mask if I had to go out in public. My immune system is compromised at this time, so catching this could easily be the death of me. Both my wife and I are being extremely cautious. Fortunately we are both working at home, so rarely any need to go out. I feel bad for the folks who still have to work with the public. I watched a video yesterday that a bus driver posted on FB Live a couple of weeks ago about a rude woman coughing and not covering her mouth. He died. Very sad, very scary stuff. :mask:

1 Like

I haven’t (I find them uncomfortable to breath in for extended periods) but been practicing not touching my face when I’m out and frequent washing of hands, as well as minding my 6-foot bubble. My store visits have been far and few between and I’d make it a point to go down a completely vacant aisle even if it meant going out of my way to get to where I wanted to go.

Gloves also seem to be another debatable topic and my general understanding is ‘false sense of security’ as gloves are only going to spread the germs, not to mention how many spent gloves I see now laying around…it’s gross. Gloves aren’t a sub for washing hands.

As for the mask, I’m conflicted as to why they’re now recommending them when they were saying that the germs could still penetrate through. Not to mention unless you’re wearing goggles/eye protection, it could still enter your body through your eyes.

2 Likes

I agree about the gloves. They look like they can cross contaminate a lot in the environment, people just suddenly feel secure and get careless.

1 Like

Yes, masks need to become mainstream:

https://idlewords.com/2020/04/let_s_all_wear_a_mask.htm

2 Likes

The 99.9% wear mask daily. The mask of sanity. :rofl:

https://booksjar.com/pdf-epub-the-mask-of-sanity-download/

Seen the pic of the fellow on the news eating an open bag of chips in the check out line in Costco with a full cart? Had a pair of gloves on to make that safe. After touching everything while shopping.

2 Likes

Psychopathy is good, there’s more shows on Netflix that way.

1 Like

not yet because my dad is going out not me

3 Likes

I do. I wear safety glasses and gloves as well. I use a bandana though, only wear once and wash. I have about 100 of them. I’m still having to work 60 hours a week too.

I am in Illinois. We are on a stay at home order. The factory I work at makes packaging for medical supplies and farming equipment so we have to keep working.

3 Likes

I wear a mask to the grocery store, and I am very careful about cross-contamination when bringing stuff into the house, just in case there’s virions on a piece of cardboard or whatever.

Can’t get it 100% but every percent helps. Two people in my family have respiratory issues so risking things is a bad idea here.

5 Likes

OK wow lol

Masks and handwashing, everyone! These habits actually work and are healthier for everyone long term, so let’s do this!

:soap::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::two::zero:

(not to be political, but in terms of world history… compare with outcomes from say 9/11… did we get anything useful out of that in the long run?)

We have been told to wear a mask outside and or going to the grocery store. One of the best ones to wear is a cloth mask. Laundry soap cleans away any virus that might happen to be on the mask. NOW, having said that, good luck in trying to find one. I used to work outside in extremely cold temperatures. So I got into the habit of wearing a bandana just around my throat. I tried one on recently, pulled it up over my nose and it wasn’t too bad for a quick trip to the grocery store.

1 Like

The good news is that simple home made cotton masks work fine as long as they firmly cover mouth and nose!

TL;DR

In other words, if the fabric allows for a substantial amount of light to shine through, it’s probably going to allow tiny viral particles through, as well.

1 Like