How is everybody doing? (Coronavirus Quarantine)

I know that this is a stressful time for a lot of people, especially for those who are in high-risk communities and for people traveling home. So, I just wanted to make sure that the Yo-Yo community was doing alright as we’re all quarantined. So, how are you doing? How are you passing the time?

7 Likes

Could be better! Looking forward to the end of this nightmare.

I have loved ones in different areas with intense outbreaks. At the same time, I’m very thankful to have a job and to be able to sequester with my parents who live in the countryside.

Just trying to stay healthy, exercise to help get rid of anxiety, appreciate every day I can take a breath on this earth, and stay optimistic until the day I can see those I care about safe and sound.

7 Likes

Still working,feeling healthy, and throwing a lot of yoyo!

4 Likes

I am blessed I still have a job, feeling healthy. I started working from home yesterday.

My wife and I did enough grocery shopping tonight for 2 weeks. We don’t anyone with it, and since we both work from home now we are going to isolate ourselves for 2 weeks. Just to make sure we are good.

We talked about it last night, figured it would be less stressful. Plus it will give us time to unpack stuff we have been ignoring in the garage since we moved in.

Plus, where are we going to go.

2 Likes

I’m doing good. Being a first responder, job security is not a worry. I do however feel for those who don’t know where their next paycheck will come from. Hopefully this BS ends soon so they can get back to work. Other than that, just throwing and working on stuff and even picked up Kendama as another hobby. Can’t forget the PS4 also. Hope you all are well. Stay safe. This too shall pass.

1 Like

Grateful that I get to work from home. If there are some perks in this situation, it’s being able to spend more time with the family and look after home duties. We’ve got heroes out there in the frontline and hoping for their safety.

I think i’m on day 5 of a virus. I’ve got all the symptoms of very mild Corona so hopefully this is it for me.
Working on Boing e Boing, and looking through past Q and A’s for pointers. Got the updown motion going nice, with a few boings going. What a can’t figure is why my yoyo is turning. I’ve got the strings inline, and hands paraellel. Experimenting to see what happens when i move my TH elbow. I figure if i can introduce a reaction i might be able to figure out the problem.
Its now made me wonder if they teach this stuff in school, practical research, experiment. They didn’t when i went, or perhaps they did and i wasn’t paying atten…tion :grinning:

2 Likes

im doing really good, as I am homeschooled every thing somewhat normal but ive been mainly loving the constant scales live videos

4 Likes

8 Likes

Im one of the few that is loving this break. I needed to recharge and catch up on home stuff. Im never bored with my music and hobbies, my house is awesome, my wife is awesome. this free time is awesome. My billsa re caught up and frige is stocked. Bought a bidet so the TP hoarding isnt an issue for me, and all in all, im so thankful for it all to allow me to be where I want to be anyway. At home with my wife.

10 Likes

I know what you mean, but the situation is not sustainable. It is ours and others work that keeps us surrounded by all the luxuries that we often take for granted.

Even though I don’t think the traditional Amish really exist anymore, they are smart in the sense they are self reliant without being all militaristic about it.

5 Likes

so true

3 Likes

they totally do! I live smack dab in the middle of Amish/Mennonite country. horse and buggies are seen anytime we go out for a joy ride.

And i know its not sustainable, but im glad for the reprieve.

5 Likes

I finally took the time to throw out a lot of stuff and semi-organize parts of my small apartment that were bugging me for a long time. Clutter annoys me but in such a small living space it seems unavoidable. Anyone else have this problem? I do miss parts of not going to work. I work at a huge resort running all the activities and tournaments for guests so I enjoy my quiet time outside of work but at work with all my interactions with guests - I GOT energy from that. It fueled me. Now that is missing for who knows how long and I find it difficult to find motivation to do anything and I spend a good portion of the day looking at this forum and doing DMing to try to have SOME interaction with living people. All the days just seem to melt together.

6 Likes

Foreshadows of retirement.
I find walking helps.

If I have two hours, a 1/2 hr walk will help me get more done in the same span of time.

2 Likes

I am a school bus driver so with the schools shut down, I was going cRaZy. But I started walking around in my neighborhood and that is making me feel better. Plus I am taking a yoyo with me while I am walking. I never realized that I could multitask.

4 Likes

I have found being able to yoyo while walking very good practice because depending on what trick you are doing it takes A LOT of concentration / focus. Sometimes I will just bring a responsive but hitting some tricks (frontstyle) and getting into mounts while moving is fun and challenging and very rewarding. It’s good mental stimulation too.

4 Likes

Little bit of cabin fever around here after 3 weeks of social distancing (we started earlier than most). Honestly, seems like PNWR was the last social thing I did, though I’m sure I saw friends a few times that first week of March.

Kids have been out of school for two weeks and are doing…okay. But they are stressed and annoyed at the situation as well. Unlike summer, they can’t go see their friends, grandparents, activity daycamp, etc. But considering the situation, they are doing alright. We’ve been trying to get them connected with their friends over zoom/facetime/etc. Might see about setting up a zoom-based D&D game for them at some point.

I’m lucky in that my company has been 100% remote since the beginning. So my paycheck and health benefits and all that just continue on same as normal. A little harder to get work done with everyone here at home and the inability to go work at a coffeeshop or coworking space when I need a break. But I’m not complaining. We have plenty of friends who are struggling mightly after having their jobs cut/furloughed/laid-off. So I’m feeling pretty thankful.

4 Likes

Almost 2 weeks into this “stay at home” move and a little less stressful as it was first starting out as I wasn’t sure if I was going to have to be among the thousands applying for unemployment. A couple days into our mandatory “shelter in place” I found out that I will be getting paid for the average amount of hours that I’ve worked this year (which is a lot more than if I was receiving unemployment). Earlier last week, I got a call from my boss checking in, and was given the green light to be able to work from home at this time just so we don’t get so far behind when the time comes that the parks do open.

Been getting myself worried each time I have a small tickle cough (I do suffer from allergies so sometimes post nasal drip will happen). But its easy in times like this to trick yourself into feeling ill when it isn’t necessarily the case (placebo effect).

Mindlessly skimming through Facebook, I’ll see the occasional BST post, trickcircle, or those hilarious “DIY Disneyland” videos among the sea of hoax news and the real news regarding the virus…which can be depressing to constantly see…so I may be staying away from FB for a bit. The COVID19 jokes started out funny at first but now it’s gotten stale and after having a neighbor pass away from it and his partner/girfriend in critical at the hospital, I’m done/over the jokes…

To keep myself sane during the next 1.5 months, I’m going in with the mindset of this (based off of a post I saw on Facebook earlier today):
“We are not stuck at home, but safe at home…1 word can change one’s attitude/outlook and 1 cough can change one’s life”

7 Likes

I felt like death at first (I hate change) but I’m getting used to it. I’m getting a little stir crazy, but learning how to yoyo has really helped me. I also have a plant to take care of, which also it helping.

5 Likes