How is everybody doing? (Coronavirus Quarantine)

I feel better, then I read the news or somebody calls, and I go back to a state of free floating anxiety.

I used to have dreams of fleeing from some disaster. This is like one of those dreams in a conscious state.

Anyway, I’m glad they raised the pay for the grocery store workers, they have no choice but to watch half the community descend on them.

People seem good about giving others space in my community though…

3 Likes

Have you tried video chat in your friend network? That can help too. :hugs:

Preach brother. Look how much we took for granted. Let’s not do that any more. :bowing_man:

3 Likes

I’ve never even done facetime! I just phone or text or email a handful of people.

2 Likes

You might try video chat in this time. I recommend it.

2 Likes

So as a first responder, what’s the situation with masks where you’re at? Are you having to reuse the same one for an entire day like others? It sickens me that the folks rushing their lives for us are the ones paying the price due to theway it has been handled and addressed. I couldn’t believe it when I saw nurses having to resort to wearing garbage sacks, and reading that they’re having to sew masks from surgery sheets. Given they’ve been expecting this for years and years, I can’t fathom why we weren’t prepared, unless the powers that be didn’t believe their own experts.

2 Likes

We are not issued masks where I work. I’m a Sergeant in the FDOC(Florida Department of Corrections). You can bring your own masks but the state of Florida is not providing them. They do give us gloves, caustics, hand sanitizer etc. we are also very strict right now on who enters the institutions. Visitation has been cut off as have any volunteers who used to come in for inmate programs. We are also instructed that if we feel ill to not report to work and see your medical provider. The doctor must give you written clearance before you can report back. This has led to a lot of OT. 12 hour shifts have quickly become 16 hours(the most you can work). So far, fingers crossed, we haven’t had a problem with this virus.

3 Likes

I’m getting peace of mind by taking small portions of my studio apartment each day and getting it organized and throwing junk away. Taking care of things that have bothered me for a long time gives me a feeling of accomplishment which clears my mind and makes me feel less guilty about standing around for an hour here and there trying to accomplish Plastic Whip. Yesterday my boss called me and told me I am being furloughed until “at least May”. A lot of people were being laid off. In one week (after I get my last check) I can apply for unemployment. I’ve worked at the same place since 1987. I feel I dodged a bullet. That was scary.

5 Likes

We’ve been pretty much been involuntarily quarantined since we had our child mid-February, so our day to day has honestly not really changed lol. We’ve not had any family over the past two weeks though to be extra cautious with the baby and with my wife having Crohn’s disease. If anyone needs a show to binge during this down time, you gotta check out Tiger King on Netflix.

5 Likes

Having two kids myself… I’m thinking maybe you’re lucky? But maybe that’s just me—I hear some people actually get along with their families? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I have cooked so much that I have no more room in the refrigerator or freezer.

7 Likes

Figured I would reply to myself here. Thankfully my area in MA hasn’t been hit too hard, and I don’t know anyone personally who has contracted the virus. It’s getting boring in my house though for sure, wishing I was back in college right about now :confused:

But, I guess being in good health and able to stay in isn’t anything to complain about. I have plenty of time now to read and work on projects that I otherwise wouldn’t. Plus, it’s always good to spend more time with the fam :slight_smile:

Hope you’re all doing okay out there!

4 Likes

As I sit here tonight playing XBox on a 45" 4K TV while watching a YouTube concert on a 27" iMac while browsing FaceBook and forums on my lap top, I began to realize that I am made for social distancing.

8 Likes

Haha. I’ve been socially distant my whole life.

6 Likes

But didn’t you work at a resort? :thinking:

1 Like

My county decided this afternoon that masks are now required when out in public. This is going to be fun especially for those less fortunate who can’t find a mask or even the materials to diy one. Fabric depts are getting drained of their resources and even finding something as simple as a bandana can be a challenge… I guess we will be seeing how creative people can get for fabricating a mouth covering.

As for myself, just taking things a day at a time and this week was one of the better weeks during the quarantine due to a couple of mail days happening with some amazing old-school throws.

3 Likes