DO YOU CUT YOURE STRING?

I have to have my strings belly button length. Any longer and whips become harder, any shorter and I feel like I am running out of string.

I cut it so that is is right under my belly button.

I cut it one inch above my belly button

Winner winner.
I tend to have mine at hip length, just for faster play.

I play with my strings right above my belly button too. I recentally tried playing some without cutting them and it just feels a little akward and it seems to make me play slower. Also when I was committed to one handed whips and stuff and knew i had it landed and already was going into my next trick and missed, it would nail the ground, with the string a little above my belly button I don’t have a problem with that. But I never actually cut my strings. I just tie another loop under the loop already on the string. Ussually if I tie a loop tight to the existing loop its perfect length. I just leave the existing loop on the string there, it doesn’t bother in play at all and you never need scissors or anything.

I just recently started cutting my string to Belly Button length sincve I started getting better. I find I get a much stronger and consistant throw, and I whack the ground about 80% or more less than I did with the string longer.

It just plays better IMO. Like another Post said. long string whips/slacks are a lot harder. SHort string and multi layer tricks feel clustered like you run out of string.

in the end it’s all personal Preference like anything else.

i used to but i keep them the way they are now. they are a little long but it helps on string tricks like rewind when the string gets short as you go along.

i cut my string that way i don’t risk hitting the yoyo on the floor. OUCH, that hurts the yoyo and my heart.

LMAO :stuck_out_tongue:

there was a begginer in my middle school who didn’t cut his string, even though it was literaly bigger than he was >_<

Of course I do. I make my own strings, so I have no choice but to cut them, and they are cut to my belly button. I’m 5’4". I used to have my strings up to my chest, but looking back that was really stupid and it limited the tricks I could do without completely beating up my yoyo. With shorter strings, I can yoyo faster and I have more control over the yoyo.

Any longer and I can’t even do my tricks normally-I have to raise my hand above my shoulder just to throw the yoyo. Any shorter and my binds are super slippy and I don’t have enough string to do my own tricks.

Yup. Make it as long as my belly button as normal.

Nope. Mine is perfect :smiley:

Answer - No
Reason - Well, because I don’t really need to, and it doesn’t quite feel right if I do.

I just tie a figure 8 knot below the original knot to shorten it.

I don’t because of superstition. When i bought my raptor i cut the string and couldn’t do any combos. Then I put on a new uncut string and landed a wrist mount combo for the first time :smiley:

Get that super long string from yyf :smiley:
Or tie two strings together. I wanna try doing that for 4a, just to see how it is.

And I don’t cut my strings for anything but 2a. with 1 a or 5a I go through strings too fast to bother cutting them each time.

if you knot strings together, it will snag going out,

yeah, I tried it. didn’t work out very well…

LOL true that, many a dent in my Genesis xD