Do suicides count if I dont catch the string gap with my finger, just the string

??? I dont know i can land them by catching the the loop but once my string tension gets to tight I cant, so I just catch the string in general. Does this mean it isnt a suicide?

No, it does not count, and yes, it is not a suicide.

ok so what exactly is it? My string tension just gets to tight to practice it right. unless I change strings every five minutes I suppose. Thanks.

What is it? Retarded, lol.
You have to learn to control you string tension.

You can also spread your fingers apart a tiny bit inside the loop before you let go, and give a tiiiiny little pull with your throw hand to open the loop up.

Yah ok thanks. ::slight_smile:

yeah, it does. :stuck_out_tongue: but practice will make perfect, and making sure your string tension is good will help.

No it doesn’t count, you have to catch it on the same finger you let it go with.

To summarize what the others said, keep control of your string tension. If it tightens too fast, you have to change your string. If you catch it by the string it doesn’t count. Suicides aren’t that hard once you really start practicing.

Thank you yoyo blaze. So it has to be with the same finger?

Yes, most people prefer the index but I pretty sure you can use any finger.

Yeah it does have to be the same finger or (I think) itwould be counted as incomplete.

when your string tension gets to tight loosen it like this

plus i wish they would let us do it that way that would bee SOO much easier

No it is not a suicide.
Tips:Keep an eye out for string tension make sure it’s perfect. Try opening up the loop when you’re on a trapeze. Takes practice but good luck!!!

If your yo-yo has an adjustable gap, try to make the gap tight and that will help the loop more open.

If you do a suicide with a gt it opens up the loop.

GT Suicides are different than the normal suicides meaning there two different tricks.
Doing the second roll from Matrix will open up the loop a bit to make it easier.

it counts when you catch one with your tongue. You’ll b beatin em off with a stick!
I’m kidding don’t try that.

There are far more interesting, dangerous, impressive and hilarious places to catch a suicide than your tongue.

Well, I think it’s kind of nasty to put saliva on your string. But oh well, I’m gonna try that!