Do non-yoyoers care about color?

I agree with the bright polish statement as well. My girlfriend/family don’t really care about the throws, but they love my SPYY Pure Gold and my “GOLD!!!” Comeback Avalanche. Also BBB colorway makes people take a second look I’ve noticed.

I think the yoyo shouldn’t be distracting. After all, the main attraction are the tricks. :wink: So I think the color should be the one that “showcases” the tricks the best and makes people say, “Wow, that is fun, I want to try!” The color is obviously not the main attraction.

Anyway, it’s interesting hearing your opinions.

maybe they care on a sub-concious level but i doubt it really matters much while watching a performance or demo. i assume when you say non-yoyo’er you mean just general population (not people that would actively seek out and attend a yoyo contest). even when i am watching you tube videos, i don’t even really think about or care about what color the yoyo is; i just like to see the amazing things that people do with the yoyo and string. the colors just kind of blend together anyway while spinning.

now, if you were showing off your collection (not tricking), then color would probably come into play but probably not so much while performing for others. if you have some really nice / unique color scheme they may comment on it but probably wouldn’t make much difference in their enjoyment of watching a nice demonstration / performance.

gw

1 Like

I think you just won! ^^^

Its all about contrast. Cool, if you wanna use a black yoyo wear a white shirt and string thatll be visible

I get extremely angry at videos with black yoyo against a black shirt or if during night time >:(

I love colors! I think colors would be the most important thing to a non thrower.

that’s right, but don’t forget about background.