Do I REALLY need a metal?

Wow, I never knew that! I always belived that it was a huge risk on the company’s part to start off with a metal production :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, it’s really the exact opposite. Pretty crazy.
That’s kind of how you can tell an established company from a new one. If they have a plastic yoyo, they are doing pretty darn good for themselves.

I play my FHZ and Protostar more than any other yoyo I own… Its all preferance… Like I LOVE sharp H-Shapes like the G5, and you really cant find that in plastics…

all i read was the title and i was like: “nope”

i read it through now and i say now get a plastic, but it is worth getting a metal to have a metal. try it and you will love it, but then go to plastic again and switch it up. metals are great, but it is worth working your way up to one.

Look at this two videos,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0enneFfP1gI&feature=related

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XShAnhgnzyc&feature=related

Tell me this guy do not deserve a metal. He is still playing with a lyn. That new breed in the 3nd vid is not his.

you should definatly get a protostar

Why? There are so many great yoyos around, why that one?

And the protostar is too over-rated.

i am just saying that that is a good choice
but yea there are a lot of other good choices out there

Metals aren’t cheating. They just have a more solid feel to them. They have better spin times and stuff then most plastics, but plastics are good too. If you want to get a first metal, get a Fundametal. You can’t really go wrong with one. If your tricks are really complicated and you do long combos, I suggest a Protostar maybe, because they are incredible for a plastic, so are Crucial’s yoyos. Like the Cream. But just use what is at the same level for you. If you feel like you need another yoyo, like a metal, and your Kickside isn’t treating you well, get one. If your fine with your Kickside and nothing is going wrong with it, stay with it. Don’t worry, it’s as simple as that. :wink:

That hurts with any yoyo… Especially ones with edges that are not rounded such as the New Breed.

yea lol. i just hit myself in the head today with my pgm v2

lol O0

I him myself in my mouth today. My lips has a cut now.

i was trying to do jumprope yesterday and i jumped over the yoyo but i was going to do it again and it somehow hit the back of my head

I hit myself in the face when i screw up a split bottom mount

i got a black eye trying to do a fast grab

I have been hit in the face by many yoyos doing many tricks, but one is pretty funny.
When i first got my new breed, i threw it a couple of times then gave the string a tug while it was wrapped around the yoyo to see how tight it was binding. I threw it down again and apparently the pad came loose when i tugged the string. The yoyo snagged and hit my bottom lip. I had braces so it cut it bad and i was bleeding for hours.

I suggest… DM!.. both Metal and Plastic…

Great balance