DMII yoyo

This yoyo came with such a quiet bearing, that i almost couldn’t hear it at all. I took off one shield of the large bearing and noticed it had 10 balls. Before i bought it it said that it comes with a YYJ speed bearing, and in my kickside yoyo the speed bearing only has 8 balls. Maybe its just a newer yoyo. I was wondering if this came in all the DMIIs or only the newer DMIIs.

Also, the yoyo is completely silent except for some very soft but audible clicking sounds. I heard this in my kickside yoyo before i lubed it, and in my DMII after i lubed it. ??? Just wondering what that’s about.
Any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Also has anyone noticed the DMII is a little hard to do inner ring grinds because of the metal bearing seat thing ???

If you bought it new, it shouldn’t come with a ten ball bearing… I’m pretty darn sure. As for the clicking, is it fast or every once in a while. I probably wouldn’t worry about that too much though.

i didn’t change any bearings or anything at all, it came with a ten ball bearing stock.
maybe they just started putting it in the yyj yoyos like a week ago.
also i looked at the slim yyj bearing, and it doesn’t have caps and I’m 110% sure that was a ten ball bearing too. ???
If any of you just got a DMII really recently, tell me if yours has a 10 ball bearing. :slight_smile: ???

even though its an unresponsive yoyo, when i tug it (just to test it) the clicking noise stops, meaning it only has that sound when the yoyo is at the end of the string ???
Still love the yoyo

See that little tag on the top RHS of your posts that says Modify??
You really should learn to use it. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t really have an idea on the clicking, but if it isn’t doing anything besides that noise, don’t worry about it.

As for the bearings, count the balls. I’ve never heard of a slim 10 ball, so maybe you should just double check both of them.

The slim bearing has no shields.
I counted that one about 20 times.
I even asked my brother to double check in case I’m going blind.
I’m going to check the speed bearing again. ???

I checked and it has 10 balls. I don’t think I’m going blind, but here are the pics.
the 8 ball is the kickside bearing
the 10 ball is the DMII bearing

The yoyo bearing just got much louder, and i can hear a buzzing and crackling sound.
Does this mean something is wrong, or the bearing is broken in, because my kickside yoyo has the same sound just louder (probably from the 8 balls).

Well, that certainly is a 10 ball bearing. That is pretty cool that you got that with the yoyo, but I’m not sure why it would be in there. As for the loudness, that is probably from the bearing breaking in. If you want you can put a drop of thin lube to quiet it down but otherwise it is fine.

I put an overdose of thin lube (accidentally) the day i got it, and since the yoyo was almost completely silent, that didn’t make it quieter (just a little slower). I cleaned out a lot of the excess thin lube (by putting it in a tissue), so the overdose really doesn’t matter. Just saying i don’t think it needs to be lubed again after about 3 hours of using it. BTW i was just wondering if ceramic ball bearings don’t do that. :-
the first 10 ball bearing pic is of the speed 10 ball bearing.
I only showed one to make sure I’m not blind.
The slim bearing also has 10 balls, but just to make sure ill show that too.

the slim bearing that came with my sr-71 was an eight ball, so i don’t know what happened with yours.

Within reason, the number of balls in a bearing will have a negligible affect on performance. Having more or less balls in your bearing nothing to get upset or excited about.

Now my yoyo’s silent again, whats going on? ??? Also, i thought the 10 ball was more expensive to buy on its own.

I forgot to say this in the first post, but right when i opened the yoyo for the first time, i got a 15-20 second bearing spin time (when i flicked the bearing it spun for a long long long time) :o

Don’t worry about the noise. Sometimes dust or dirt get into it and makes it louder, but then goes quieter. I would just play the yoyo.

1 Like