DM vs DM2 ?

Hi. I find myself having a problem. I have alot of high-end metal throws, but the plastic-metal YYJ hybrids will always have a special place in my heart.
Ive used a bunch of them, but never tried a DM or DM2. I know that Dm2 is a sequel so its supposed to be improved, but many people say that the original DM was in fact better.
I dont know if theres a weight difference (but i believe Dm2 is lighter), but i`m more into heavy yoyos.
That being said, can you please make me a suggestion between those two, or if you consider another full-sized YYJ plastic-metal better ?
Thanks a lot.

Personally I find my DM2 to be meh, maybe itā€™s because iā€™m a poor player, or maybe it just isnā€™t my style. I have heard lots of greath things about the hitman pro and x-con though, i would probably give those a look.

1 Like

As far as DM vs DM2 iā€™ll have to go with the DM2 all day. Is pretty heavy but doesnt feel as heavy(about 69g) as some of my other throwsā€¦like my sr-71. Which is a bi-metal that you dont hear much about but it is my FAVORITE throw! this thing gets thrown more than anything else i own. So that would be my suggestion as far as a good bi-metal. Itā€™s a solid, stable and heavy throw. Grinds well too! SR-71! TRY IT! the x-con pro just came out which i here is great tooā€¦but itā€™s undersized

1 Like

Thanks i`ll look into them

I never used a SR-71, but u seem very excited about it, so ill just try one :D. And about the x-con pro, my god its gorgeous !!
Never heard about it until u told me, so u deserve a big thank you.

not a problem friend! Either way i dont think youā€™ll be disappointed!

Dm2 is lighter, but certainly not a light yoyo. 69g is more than enuf.

I have the DM2 and even though Iā€™ve got more expensive stuff, itā€™s still the one I keep going back to time and time again. Just something about it feels really really good to me. I canā€™t guarantee youā€™ll agree, but thatā€™s my opinion and my preference.

Maybe it doesnā€™t help that itā€™s my first modern yoyo either. Whatever. I still like it.

Here is a video that I did recently using my Dark Magic 1, not 2. I actually traded away my dm2. Of course the dm1 will have a special place in my heart because I used it through all the tricks on this site. I like them both but what I do is take out the caps and if I want then I put in weight ringsā€¦i think size 326 was it. That way you can have the weight all on the rims and it is easier to remove than the caps. Ok here is the videoā€¦I say dark magic 1 or 2 will do very very well.

The weight rings are in on the video. I personaly think that because the dm1 has only one spot for a oring or silicone ring (i put flowable in the place of the rubber o-ring) and starburst for the other sideā€¦it handles my regens better, I did enough in that video right? Hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4LXonuB9A

1 Like

I have the DM II and iā€™m not a fan of it!

Any DM is pretty legit.

Dude u are awesome ! I really like your video.
I think I will get a DM1, it looks great and u can`t go wrong with a classic.
Thanks a lot !

If you decide to get a dm1 then make sure that you have some flowable silicone and some patience. Thanks for the complement as well.